Winter surfing

Edit My Images
Yes
Went down for a bit of a surf today, and after i'd finished thought i'd take some pics of the others who were out. Really enjoy sports photography.

IMGP1163.jpg

-----------
IMGP1190touch.jpg

IMGP1183copy2.jpg

-----------
IMGP1181.jpg

IMGP1191touchcopy.jpg

-----------
IMGP1140.jpg

IMGP1150.jpg

Comments and criticism please.

Thanks
Charlie

Some are a tad dark but that can be sorted in PP. Love the ones with the guy under the surf tho(y)(y)

shot 2 is a cracker.....perhaps crop in a bit (maybe lose the top third and a bit of the bottom?)

Nice set!

Some cracking shots there. Love No.2 especially, and I wouldn't crop it any further.

They are a little dark, I would agree with that... and No.2 is my fave.
But I am more thinking of......... C-O-L-D !!!! :eek:

Ice-cream headaches! Good 'set' there as well as the ones coming in Charlie! Where is that? My guess is Devon or Cornwall, if it were Scotland there'd be more hoods being worn!

Boards For Sale here as I just don't get the time anymore!

Ice-cream headaches! Good 'set' there as well as the ones coming in Charlie! Where is that? My guess is Devon or Cornwall, if it were Scotland there'd be more hoods being worn!

Boards For Sale here as I just don't get the time anymore!

Its down in south devon. The beach is called challaborough. Near bantham.

Im gonna go with 4 and 5 being my favourite pics. Loads of energy and a good bit of spray (did he land it in pic 4?)

I don't really know much about photography so i cant really offer any good advice, but i do surf a lot!

As soon as I buy my first telephoto lens you'll be getting my shots from Bournemouth/Boscombe Pier!

What lens did you use for these?

Im gonna go with 4 and 5 being my favourite pics. Loads of energy and a good bit of spray (did he land it in pic 4?)

I don't really know much about photography so i cant really offer any good advice, but i do surf a lot!

As soon as I buy my first telephoto lens you'll be getting my shots from Bournemouth/Boscombe Pier!

What lens did you use for these?

I was using my 70-300 zoom. Mostly zoomed right in.

And no he didn't land pic 4, but i like the pic anyway.

Great shots! 2 and 3 do it for me. Perhaps the rule of thirds should be applied a little. I'd love to do surf photography but the thing is I'd always rather be in the water!!!

I was out in the surf on the last weekend of 2007 (Croyde). It was freezing!!*

*That's what we're supposed to tell everyone to keep the waves empty!!!

Great shots! 2 and 3 do it for me. Perhaps the rule of thirds should be applied a little. I'd love to do surf photography but the thing is I'd always rather be in the water!!!

I was out in the surf on the last weekend of 2007 (Croyde). It was freezing!!*

*That's what we're supposed to tell everyone to keep the waves empty!!!

I know man. I had been in the water for a good 2 and a half hours, so thought i'd give myself a rest and takes some pics whilst i was at it.

And yes it was freezing!! I'd never advise any1 to go in at this time of year.*

Atta man (y);)

Some really nice action shots here, just a few tweaks in PS would make this a great set.

I was down at my local beach today watching the surfers and it was a glorious day, don't know what you mean about it being cold!!!!

I will take my camera out next time (maybe tomorrow) and post some shots.

Well done.

Back