Winter Wedding

I really like them Danny (y)

I think you'd be better off blogging a storyboard rather than slideshow though.. I clicked off after the first few AND I was someone who was interested in seeing more.

I really like them Danny (y)

I think you'd be better off blogging a storyboard rather than slideshow though.. I clicked off after the first few AND I was someone who was interested in seeing more.

Thanks for having a look Adam :)

Yeah I've been thinking that for a while now. Squarespace doesn't have the option for a very appealing looking storyboard gallery unfortunately - the only other option is to have the images one under another and all the same size and width which looks a bit naff and takes up acres of space. I'll try and find a workaround though because the slideshows are even starting to p** me off :)

Nice set Danny. Looked a bit tight on timing at this time of year so made use of outdoors well.

Thanks Kris!

Yeah it was a bit of a frenzied rush. I was rapidly losing light by the time we'd rattled through the group shots so there wasn't as much time as I'd have liked for the B&G stuff. Wish they'd had the ceremony at 10am! :)

Thanks Kris!

Yeah it was a bit of a frenzied rush. I was rapidly losing light by the time we'd rattled through the group shots so there wasn't as much time as I'd have liked for the B&G stuff. Wish they'd had the ceremony at 10am! :)

I did one on the 28th and suffered the same.

Hi Danny.

I'm not a photogapher but enjoy playing with the camera. I know nothing about weddings and seldom look at wedding threads. That said I did just look at your blog images. Obviously they look great. For me the best thing about them was they felt very real, I think what I mean is the shots at the homes were taken in a normal regular sized rooms the type of homes most peeps live in.
It was very refreshing to see what a proffesional can acheive in those spaces.

Gaz

Hi Danny.

I'm not a photogapher but enjoy playing with the camera. I know nothing about weddings and seldom look at wedding threads. That said I did just look at your blog images. Obviously they look great. For me the best thing about them was they felt very real, I think what I mean is the shots at the homes were taken in a normal regular sized rooms the type of homes most peeps live in.
It was very refreshing to see what a proffesional can acheive in those spaces.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz - that's really nice to hear! For me, the bride/groom prep is probably the best part of the day as people are more relaxed so I find the opportunity for good candids tend to be a little bit better.

I love the pics. You've obviously found a processing style which works for you and your customers.. but I find them rather muddy. How do they print?

Thanks for having a look Simon!

Yeah it's taken me a while (too long really) to find a style that I'm comfortable with and that seems to have clicked with my target audience. You say 'muddy', I'd say 'muted' :) :)

It tends to translate to print really, really well. I use the 310gsm Gallery Cotton paper from Folio and I've found that the processing lends itself to the more textured paper in most cases.

Style is the on-going perpetual dilemma. I've only just arrived at a happy place with my mono conversions. Colour? Well that's 90% in a happy place for me. I think your processing Danny is quite in vogue, but my preference is for a more colourful palette, but so subjective.

Style is the on-going perpetual dilemma. I've only just arrived at a happy place with my mono conversions. Colour? Well that's 90% in a happy place for me. I think your processing Danny is quite in vogue, but my preference is for a more colourful palette, but so subjective.

Don't even talk to me about mono conversions! :) The struggle is real!

Put it this way, I don't think there will have been a time in the past when a bride has had as many different and varied styles to choose from.

Don't even talk to me about mono conversions! :) The struggle is real!

Put it this way, I don't think there will have been a time in the past when a bride has had as many different and varied styles to choose from.

Too true. There's too much choice of everything these days, we're spoilt for choice!

Hi Danny,

May just be my computer but I'm returning with a Bad Gateway message from your link as also through google. Other sites seem to work fine so I think it's something you may want to look into.

Hi Danny,

May just be my computer but I'm returning with a Bad Gateway message from your link as also through google. Other sites seem to work fine so I think it's something you may want to look into.

Yeah that's a bit worrying - seems the whole site is down. First time in about 3 years that's happened! Thanks for the shout - even though I have no idea how to fix it!! Haha

Yep, now it's working.

Now where have I seen the photo of you on your about page before? Has that been posted on the forum a while ago? Deja Vu there!

Now where have I seen the photo of you on your about page before? Has that been posted on the forum a while ago? Deja Vu there!

Haha it was taken by the very talented Mr @nickjohnwatson in the lakes a few months ago and he possibly posted it here for crit. I'll actually need a new one doing soon as my beard has sprouted significantly since then! :) :)

Nice to see another of your weddings, Danny. And to hear that you are doing very well. These look really good!

Haha it was taken by the very talented Mr @nickjohnwatson in the lakes a few months ago and he possibly posted it here for crit. I'll actually need a new one doing soon as my beard has sprouted significantly since then! :) :)
Make sure you give me a shout when you need some new photos aye!!! ;)

Lovely shots.

Only thing I'd change would (and its minor) is the crop on the confetti shot. I'd crop it so that the windows at the top of the frame were not in the shot.

Lovely shots.

Only thing I'd change would (and its minor) is the crop on the confetti shot. I'd crop it so that the windows at the top of the frame were not in the shot.

Thanks Chris. I actually considered that exact crop but it meant I'd lose a bit of the faces on either side. Better framing is on my 'must improve' list for next time :)

Superb set Danny.

Very natural feel. Feel as though they are taken using natural available light. What equipment do you use in the main for weddings. I hav a chance to second shoot later in the year so your photos are inspiring..

Guy

Superb set Danny.

Very natural feel. Feel as though they are taken using natural available light. What equipment do you use in the main for weddings. I hav a chance to second shoot later in the year so your photos are inspiring..

Guy

Sorry for the late reply Guy - been in the Lake District all weekend with no phone reception or wifi......bliss! :)

Thanks for taking a look too, glad you like them. You're right about the available light - I only use flash during the first dance these days and thats off-camera.

As for the kit, I shoot with two bodies - one with a 35mm 1.4 and another with an 85mm 1.8. After much chopping and changing of gear over the last few years I find that this combo suits my style of shooting. Hope your second shooting gig goes well mate!

Back