Wintery Scenes

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Well we had a fair bit of snow up here this morning, so decided to try a couple snow shots. think i managed to get the snow to look right.

3049823499_470f4e1c49_o.jpg

3049822991_f8f56430d2_o.jpg

3050661476_4f9af252e2_o.jpg

C+C welcome as always.

Chris

Well done, they all have something going for them. Do you mind me asking, what time were these taken?

Nice set, Chris (y)

I believe the snow is on it's way south down the east coast tonight, so you might get a chance to try out your S5's dynamic range tomorrow, Gary ;)

Nice set, Chris (y)

I believe the snow is on it's way south down the east coast tonight, so you might get a chance to try out your S5's dynamic range tomorrow, Gary ;)

My what? S5......:cautious:

Ahh that! Ahh yes, I forget I bought it. I scratched the itch, and I am healed. I should use it I guess. Will take it for a spin :D

thanks for the comments,
Gary these were taken about midday today.

Chris

My what? S5......:cautious:

Ahh that! Ahh yes, I forget I bought it. I scratched the itch, and I am healed. I should use it I guess. Will take it for a spin :D

It'll be in the cupboard with the Segway, the Rolf Harris Stylophone and your full set of Cabbage Patch dolls :LOL:

Very nice set - no 2 is a gem with the snow and reflection

Great set (y)
Cold enough for snow here at the moment :(

Do you have access to the area between 8 and 9am, and 3 and 5 pm? :D
ye:D its all puplic areas, the first 2 are on a at a local castle estate, and the third is taken from a public footpath bridge.

actually both are my favourite haunts, both within about 5 mins from my front door.

thanks everyone for the comments

ye:D its all puplic areas, the first 2 are on a at a local castle estate, and the third is taken from a public footpath bridge.

actually both are my favourite haunts, both within about 5 mins from my front door.

thanks everyone for the comments

Would love to see how it compares with the early morning and late afternoon then, I bet its a magical place on the right morning.

I think no 2 is Lovely - the reflection is gorgeous :)

The branch in the middle of no 1 [its only little] annoys me somewhat and I would have cloned it out.

And i'm unsure of no 3 as a whole...
:bang: didnt even notice the branch at the top on the first one, and now i know its there i cant miss it, thanks for pointing that out,...

......goes off to play in photoshop.....

Chris

Last edited:
here is a updated version of the first photo, (due to me not noticing a branch)

3050385057_82fce94f4e_o.jpg

Chris

Very nice set - hopefully we'll get a decent winter this year!!

Number #2 is really nice, and definitely the winner for me. Someone seems to have left a url floating on the surface of the water though.

Very nice set - hopefully we'll get a decent winter this year!!

thanks,
I hope so too, i have loads of places in mind to explore this winter.

Number #2 is really nice, and definitely the winner for me. Someone seems to have left a url floating on the surface of the water though.
thanks for the comments, ye it was a bit of debris floating about ;)

I like the last one, you got the exposure right and good framing.

thanks for that, i was trying to get the water movement right and also the snow right.

also had a look at your website, your photos are so amazing and inspiring. (y)

Chris

Last edited:
fantastic num 2 the better
num 3l onger eposure would made it favourite

fantastic num 2 the better
num 3l onger eposure would made it favourite

Thanks, ye i would have liked a longer exposure too, but the whites kept blowing out. but i will be trying again.

Back