Critique Wire wool graffiti.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Second attempt at wire wool spinning. I did the wire wool and flash in separate exposures and blended them together in Starstax software because I don't know how to do it properly in Photoshop. I tried orbs as well but they didn't really turn out great. Also I feel as though I have lost a bit of detail in the wire wool against the flash on the wall.

In the original shots I managed to get a plastic bag in the shots that I didn't realise was there. Only just managed to bodge it out with Photoshop but my skills are lacking

Any CC welcome.

Cheers for looking.

Untitled-1
by Peanut651, on Flickr

Last edited:
You mentioned some of the wirewool getting lost in the flashed area, that is a issue with this type of thing on little trick I found when stacking something like this in StarStaX is to make a duplicate of the wire wool and then stack three files, basically stacking two wirewool and one graffiti, I found this makes a subtle but effective difference...

That advise offered I actually like this but personally I would crop to loose the railings on the right as I find myself getting drawn to it, lighting wise personally I would have light painted with a torch as it would have been a little more controlled and allow to hi light specific parts of the graffiti

Rubbish is a constant PITA on location we all miss stuff occasionally

Cheers, I'll take that in for next time. I did remember to take a torch with me but it was playing up, I will probably have to buy a new one. Would you use and LED torch that has quite a cool light or just a normal halogen one that's got a warm light to it. I find the LED ones are better and I have a whole bunch of flash gels I could put on the end.

I'm planning on going back here tonight if the skies are not clear enough for star trails. That's if no one has reported me from doing this last night. The council lock the park on a night and there's wardens on call. But I really wanted the shot because I cycled past the graffiti the other day and it really caught my eye. I thought of doing wire wool as soon as I saw it.

Cheers, I'll take that in for next time. I did remember to take a torch with me but it was playing up, I will probably have to buy a new one. Would you use and LED torch that has quite a cool light or just a normal halogen one that's got a warm light to it. I find the LED ones are better and I have a whole bunch of flash gels I could put on the end.

I'm planning on going back here tonight if the skies are not clear enough for star trails. That's if no one has reported me from doing this last night. The council lock the park on a night and there's wardens on call. But I really wanted the shot because I cycled past the graffiti the other day and it really caught my eye. I thought of doing wire wool as soon as I saw it.

Personally I mainly use LED and stick a warming gel on it if needed, that said most of what I do involves a funky gel colour anyway it matters little if its a halogen or LED with the coloured gel it's neither here or there :D

I've just ordered a cree LED flash light with adjustable beam. Good reviews so hopefully it does the job well.

You mentioned some of the wirewool getting lost in the flashed area, that is a issue with this type of thing on little trick I found when stacking something like this in StarStaX is to make a duplicate of the wire wool and then stack three files, basically stacking two wirewool and one graffiti, I found this makes a subtle but effective difference...

That advise offered I actually like this but personally I would crop to loose the railings on the right as I find myself getting drawn to it, lighting wise personally I would have light painted with a torch as it would have been a little more controlled and allow to hi light specific parts of the graffiti

Rubbish is a constant PITA on location we all miss stuff occasionally

I've just tried what you said. I stacked two images of the wirewool and only one of the graffiti along with a slightly tighter crop to get rid of the rails. The wire wool has stood out a lot more. I don't know what one I prefer, it's 50/50 really. On the first you can see the graffiti more but one the second it's the wirewool that stands out better. Just depends what people like I suppose. Please with both of them for my second bash at it:)

Had to use photobucket this time. for some reason Flickr keeps coming up with n error saying my pictures are timed out when I try to upload them.

Last edited:
I do like the double circle on the wire wool. Now I know they are two separate photographs, but IMO, they look like two separate photographs.

If they were blended better I feel you'd have a cracking photograph.

Cheers and .....watching :)

Last edited:
Cheers, the double circle in the wire wool is actually just one shot. The graffiti is a separate one with a flash. To be honest I don't know how to blend different photos in Photoshop so I just let Starstax do the work. I must learn though.

Here are the two different shots I took to make it.

They're not perfect but I was rushing. I had to break into the place to take them and there were wardens patrolling the area:rolleyes:

Back