Wire wool spinning and light orbs

Name
Russell Gill
Edit My Images
Yes
First post after months of browsing the forum..
I hope the shots are up to scratch!

6936714385_8a62c6dd75_b.jpg

6936699889_66be9b7918_b.jpg

6790577298_00b6bbdd2c_b.jpg

6790570432_ed8e95e40c_b.jpg

6936679807_dbe73ca6cb_b.jpg

6790544448_2a848cae7b_b.jpg

Comments welcome.(y)

Last edited:
Not sure if the images are showing off flickr?

Up to scratch? They're stunning been playing with wire wool myself with the second trip out last night, would love to have something like those in my collection.

Welcome to posting on TP :wave: and what a way to introduce yourself (y)

#1. really great spin (y) but I'm not sure that the colliery wheel works in there, I think on it's own it would have worked really well (y) but with the sign that sort of spoils that one for me

#2 Is brilliant (y) that is the stand out image of the set for me (y) the composition, the focus and the spin are all spot on (y)

#3&4 both work really well and would also work well if you were to merge thm into a single image (y) but the street light is a bit of shame :shrug:

#5 nice location and good spin (y) but a shame about the lights in the behind the spin

#6 nice location and brave of you to do it in there (y) but it's OOF and there is a post there that's showing through that's a bit of a shame as well :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Love the lighthouse shot! I'm looking for some good locations as it's definitely the location that makes the shot too I think

I dont reallly think that the first works to well, but the lighthouse really makes up for it(y)
the rest of the set have some really good images, well done:clap:

Thanks for the comments so far, it helps having such a good town with history for locations. So many to choose from.

Really great shots. Loving #2 and #5. The lighthouse one is the stand out though.
Would love to give this a go.
I did read a horror story the other day of a guy getting a bit of the wool stuck to the front of his L lens! Ouch. Must use filters. :)

I used a Uv Filter, not an L lens but still cost a lot!

#2 for me as well! Really like the contrast with the dark and light. Well done!

No. 2 for me, I think it is the best location and is the cleanest spin if you know what I mean. Also loving the blue circles in number 4, care to show how you did them? Was it just spinning some LEDs in a circle?

Nice stuff Russ
I like the shot on the West pier the best No2.
is N05 on the North shore?

No. 2 for me, I think it is the best location and is the cleanest spin if you know what I mean. Also loving the blue circles in number 4, care to show how you did them? Was it just spinning some LEDs in a circle?

Its the same tool i use for orbs, just not span while turning around, if you get what i mean..

Nice stuff Russ

N05 is on the beach at parton, where the land drain comes out onto the beach.

Thanks guys.

Its the same tool i use for orbs, just not span while turning around, if you get what i mean..

Nice stuff Russ

Thanks guys.

I know the place well and the last shot must next to the beachcomber then.

I,m waiting for the UFO reports to start. I wonder what this looks like from a distance to the naked eye?

eddie

Great pic's love the lighthouse one, I went into town last summer to do some wool spinning in the same places, had the police turn up to see what was going on and tell us to move, but once they saw what we were doing, they stood watching in awe for 20 minutes lol

Back