wireless adapter

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a few problems getting my Belkin F6D4050v1 adapter to connect to my livebox-7500.I have a couple of ideas of my own ,but i thought i'd run them past you guys on here first .

Bought new Acer aspire X3200 Amd phenom (tm)9650 quad core processer2.3GHz,4G ram .. 64 bit operating system .I know very little about computers so you can let me know if it's good bad or indiferent

Bought Belkin wireless USB adapter for the old computer that my son will be using upstairs directly above where the new computer is .W ee have an Inventel wireless magic modem Livebox-7500 on orange broadband.

Right... for starters ,when i was in PC world i was quizzin the instore guy ,i asked about the 32 & 64 bit operating system as i don't quite understand the difference between the two .Anyways cutting to the chase,he told me "oh,wee only sell 32 bit systems here,there's not really much difference anyways i wouldn't worry too much about it " .Soooo, when i plugged in the new computer have a wee muck about with it ,i right clicked on my computer on start toolbar to double check the spec...... guess what ..... it's a 64 bit operating system!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .He did say something about the 64 bit not being compatible with a lot of stuff as it's quite new(any truth in this:shrug:)

So i'm wondering if this is the reason the Belkin adapter not working, could it be that it's not compatible with the 64bit operating system :shrug:

Hope this make sense :D

possibly,

I have found that most belkin adapters only work when the belkin software is also installed.

Also, from memory, there is a button on some orage routers that allow adapters to connect, perhaps yours is one of them?

lol you have to love the pc world muppets..

64 bit is 9 times out of 10 backward compatible with 32 bit software. you WILL need 64 bit if you want to use more than 3.5gb memory.

you dont necessarily need the belkin software, you should be able to use just the driver and the windows wireless client. if you go into device manager (right click "computer" and do "manage") does anything have a yellow "!" next to it?

also true. you will need to press the "1" button so that one of the lights (i think its the "!") starts flashing, then try and connect to the wireless.

Agood, my memory isn't that bad then, it was more than 2 years ago!

lol you have to love the pc world muppets..

64 bit is 9 times out of 10 backward compatible with 32 bit software. you WILL need 64 bit if you want to use more than 3.5gb memory.

you dont necessarily need the belkin software, you should be able to use just the driver and the windows wireless client. if you go into device manager (right click "computer" and do "manage") does anything have a yellow "!" next to it?

Hi there ,i've opened device manager,right clicked "computer" there's no manger tab to click onto just a tab for general and nothing happens when i click on that :shrug:

Is the old computer on XP?

I'm going out shortly so if it is on XP,

Goto start and right click on my computer the click properties/hardware/device manager.

Look for a yellow question mark in the Network Adapters section.

then right click and update driver.

If the belkin adapter is not showing click find new hardware and it will try and search for it but you might end up installing the Belkin software.

I'm going out shortly so if it is on XP,

Goto start and right click on my computer the click properties/hardware/device manager.

Look for a yellow question mark in the Network Adapters section.

then right click and update driver.

If the belkin adapter is not showing click find new hardware and it will try and search for it but you might end up installing the Belkin software.

Cheers for that (y)

Back