wireless audio solution for line level audio

Edit My Images
Yes
I do filming at this comedy club, at the moment I have one camera rolling while there's an act on, stop filming during intervals, end up with about 10 clips at the end, could roll continuously but it would be a huge waste of disk space and i'd have to scrub the clips to find the start and end points,

I have a zoom h1 recording straight off the mixer, and then another zoom h1 at the front of the room recording the audience (laugh track), sync everything blend in post, sounds great, but time consuming syncing so many clips

i'm just trying to simplify my setup, ideally i'd do it all in camera, and have the mixer audio wirelessly transferred to the camera audio input so that straight off the camera I have the footage synced with the mixer audio, then i can just sync the laugh track, or better yet have that also running into the camera at a lower level (I like -12db less than the main audio)

so are there any reasonably priced reliable wireless solutions? i'd probably still be recording onto the device as a backup, just would really simplify my file management and post workflow

I think it all depends on what you call reasonably priced. Senheiser do have wireless mic systems that will take a line input. The small "E" series is an example. But a transmitter and reciever would set you back around £450. If it's possible to use two body packs ( the transmitters), into one receiver I don't know . Body packs are I believe available separately Each transmitter has it's own gain control so you could have the audience track dialled down.

I think it all depends on what you call reasonably priced. Senheiser do have wireless mic systems that will take a line input. The small "E" series is an example. But a transmitter and reciever would set you back around £450. If it's possible to use two body packs ( the transmitters), into one receiver I don't know . Body packs are I believe available separately Each transmitter has it's own gain control so you could have the audience track dialled down.

thanks, will definitely look into that

something I am also looking at, are these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-B...1533574904&sr=8-8&keywords=avantree+aptx&th=1

they might be really terrible, or have lag, but it's line of sight at a distance of about 6m so if they're going to work it's pretty much the best conditions. If they don't work I have a use for them to make my headphones wireless so I can monitor audio wirelessly, and when i'm at home I can use them as wireless audio, so i'll get them anyway and test them out, if they dont work i'll look into more pro solutions, as realistically this wireless set-up will save me time but not £450 worth

thanks, will definitely look into that

something I am also looking at, are these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-B...1533574904&sr=8-8&keywords=avantree+aptx&th=1

they might be really terrible, or have lag, but it's line of sight at a distance of about 6m so if they're going to work it's pretty much the best conditions. If they don't work I have a use for them to make my headphones wireless so I can monitor audio wirelessly, and when i'm at home I can use them as wireless audio, so i'll get them anyway and test them out, if they dont work i'll look into more pro solutions, as realistically this wireless set-up will save me time but not £450 worth

I have another Avantree gadget, the Leaf USB dongle, that supports aptX Low Latency. Although my Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones are aptX-compatible, the specs don't say anything about Low Latency, so I assume they don't support it and fall back to standard aptX (everything in the chain has to support the Low Latency codec for it to work). In practice, this combination is fine for (e.g.) watching video without dialogue going out of sync, and the sound is high quality, but I wouldn't bet on the latency being low enough for demanding live audio applications. I've tried another Bluetooth aptX Low Latency transmitter from TaoTronics, feeding the analogue output from a digital piano to the same headphones, and the instrument wasn't playable - there was just too much lag.

I have another Avantree gadget, the Leaf USB dongle, that supports aptX Low Latency. Although my Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones are aptX-compatible, the specs don't say anything about Low Latency, so I assume they don't support it and fall back to standard aptX (everything in the chain has to support the Low Latency codec for it to work). In practice, this combination is fine for (e.g.) watching video without dialogue going out of sync, and the sound is high quality, but I wouldn't bet on the latency being low enough for demanding live audio applications. I've tried another Bluetooth aptX Low Latency transmitter from TaoTronics, feeding the analogue output from a digital piano to the same headphones, and the instrument wasn't playable - there was just too much lag.

this is a sender and receiver pair though, that both support low latency, so, it should work as it's essentially line out from mixer, to sender, to receiver, audio out to camera?

Sorry, should have read the Amazon listing properly! They claim abour 40ms for Low Latency end to end, which is much better than the standard aptX 170ms (but might still be too high for my piano - I see conflicting claims on what is tolerable for live musicians).

Back