Wireless card

Bob

Name
Faithless
Edit My Images
No
I cant get onto the internet on my pc keep getting message No wireless card can be found or wireless card is switched off please switch it on has anyone any advice as to what this may be the internet was on and working upto a week or two ago.
Cheers Bob

Sorry dont know make it is, it was made for me a couple of years ago by a mate who has since emigrated to Oz so now strugle to find out what is wrong Its a pc not a lappy if that helps
Bob

try taking it out and putting it back in again, that solves a lot of problems

Sorry I dont know what it is or even looks like I hoped Icould just go to something in the menu and Hey presto its all working again lol looks like I may need to take it to the shop for treatment
Bob

can anyone tell me what I should look for please to find the wireless card
Bob

On the back of the PC, they should be something looking remotly like wireless ariel...

Or

An Adapter that just simply plugges into a USB port...

In other words check that anything that is plugged into the computer is securly fit, Otherwise you need to get someone to check the Hardware menus for you to ensure the wireless device hasn't been switched off by mistake.

its probably in a pci slot, you could try taking it out and putting it back into a different slot, it might force windows to detect new hardware.

I am with Talk Talk so I assume that you mean the white usb that flashes on and off will reposition into another port and try that
Bob

Is there an appropriate entry for a wireless card in the Windows Device Manager?

Should be under network adapters (funnily enough!) :)

I'm just trying to work out if it's dead or alive!

Is the USB adapter like a thumb drive? I've stopped using them - they overheat and die... Mind you the 'puter they were plugged into *was* on 24/7/365.

-Rob

Tried a restore to earlier date internet conection came on but cant get IP address so still cant get access to internet
Bob

going to try to restore back to yesterday can anyone advice
Bob

Back