wireless flash trigger

Have a look at the yn 603.

Yeah thirded.

The YN603's are pretty ubiqutious and the advantage is that they use AAA batteries which are easily available as opposed to watch type batteries or small lithium camera types which means if/when you run out you can just replace easily.

Cheers for the advice guys think ill go for these just gotta find a seller that dont take a week to post them

Cheers for the advice guys think ill go for these just gotta find a seller that dont take a week to post them

They are also available on Amazon.

is the 602 much different as havent a problem finding a 603 with n2 cable

also if i brought the 603 could i just use it as a flash trigger on its own i.e dont use the shutter release function

Last edited:
is the 602 much different as havent a problem finding a 603 with n2 cable

also if i brought the 603 could i just use it as a flash trigger on its own i.e dont use the shutter release function

The think that made me choose 603 over the 602 is that the 603 uses 2 aaa batteries, and the 602 use a Cr2 battery.

Not sure about your second question, if you are asking to use the two trigger the flash, the answer is yes. If you want one to trigger the shutter you need to connect the cable to the camera from the 603.

i definitley would prefer the 603, what i was wondering to be clearler can you use the triggers without the cable just to trigger a off camera speedlight. i.e 1 trigger on the camera hotshoe and the other trigger connected to the speedlight off camera will it trigger the flash

i definitley would prefer the 603, what i was wondering to be clearler can you use the triggers without the cable just to trigger a off camera speedlight. i.e 1 trigger on the camera hotshoe and the other trigger connected to the speedlight off camera will it trigger the flash

Sorry. Yes. The cable is only needed to trigger the shutter using another rf 603 as a remote.

Last edited:
thats the problem i have i have a nikon d80 and it needs the n2 cable which i have only found to be avalible from hongkong, unlike the n1 and n3 which are avalible all over amazon and ebay from the uk

thats the problem i have i have a nikon d80 and it needs the n2 cable which i have only found to be avalible from hongkong, unlike the n1 and n3 which are avalible all over amazon and ebay from the uk

Okay. Are you going to use them as a shutter trigger well? I have one of those cheap remotes to trigger the shutter. Probably only used it two.

Tbh I have the ir remote and shutter release cable too so not too bother regarding the shutter release function

I put up a wanted add on the forum as I was in no rush. I got 4 for £20, all in very good condition. One was brand new.

Silly question... but can you mix flash with these. For example, I have 2 Nikon SB900, may get 2 603s to light hilite with. If I had a trigger on the camera, and these 4 flashes dotted around, would that work?

Back