Wireless oddity

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Four laptops, 1 XP, 1 Win 7, 1 Mac, 1 Linux all had working wireless connection before router change

The new router is a Draytek 2710n, wired connection over through the rotuer works perfectly, the Windows 7 laptop connected over wireless straight away, after a lot of huffing and puffing the XP laptop suddenly found the internet although I am not sure what it was that made it work. The Mac and the Linux laptop will connect, the router show they are connected but they won't pass any traffic over the wireless. If I make changes to the wireless settings on the router, the linux box drops the link and will then re-establish the connection but still no traffic pass over the link

Neither the mac or the linux laptop can ping the router over wireless let alone anything else.

Any thoughts??

Tim

Might be worth changing the broadcast channel (options between 1 and 11 I think), you might be getting some interference from somewhere!

Thanks purplecloud, should of added have tried channels 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,13 currently using 7. I will try 8,10,11,12 but at the moment I losing the will to fight so it will be tomorrow sometime.

Tim

What IP addresses are they getting, are you using DHCP or manually setting them?

Router is set to issue IP via DHCP which is is doing, those laptop that can't get on the internet are picking up IP via DHCP. I have tried setting the laptops to static IP (in the same range as that being issued by the router) but thatdid not work either. I have changed the DNS IP on the router from those supplied by my ISP (newnet) to Open DNS but that made no difference.

Tim

Back