Wireless room stat

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, We have a bog standard Honeywell mechanical room stat mounted in the hallway and I'm looking to replace it with a wireless stat that can use the existing wiring ie the receiver can go where the old stat is and the stat can be moved where ever we need it . Don't want anything complicated or wi-fi enabled just another stat. Any recommendations?

You're asking how to replace a fixed stat with a wireless stat that isn't wi-fi enabled?

I think you'll need to be more specific

Had a Honeywell CM9xx installed at work for precisely this around 8 years ago and it’s still behaving faultlessly. Easy to program, never lost signal, battery’s in panel changed once during this period and easy to temporarily override.

Edit: we had the receiver fitted next to boiler, rather than in place of current thermostat.

Last edited:
Receiver will usually replace programmer. You can then link out the existing stat and use a new wireless one remotely. Hive works well and is expandable to include lights, sensors, cameras etc.

I really just want something basic ie just a wireless room stat- non programmable or wi-fi

The Honeywell I mentioned does have a manual mode accessed by a simple slide switch, they also have cheaper models in their range.

Back