Wireless SD Cards for pitchside

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I've been looking at ways to improve my wokflow at pitchside during games as currently I find myself fiddling about a little too much with laptop and card reader and then selecting images post-match to send over to the club for whom I shoot. Overall, I just want to improve how I work and become more efficient.

I shoot with a Canon 1D mk iv and I've been looking at the Canon transmitters on ebay, but the cost is prohibitive at this moment in time. A friend this morning sent me a link to the Toshiba FlashAir Wireless SD card on Amazon, first time I have seen them to be honest. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Flash-Class10-Wireless-Memory/dp/B00HEDF8MQ

I've done some reading, and watched reviews on YouTube, but I wondered if anyone has any experience of using one?

Ideally I'd like the images to transfer to a location on my laptop as and when I shoot so I can look through and upload them to the club during lulls in play - I see that you can get mobile/tablet/laptop apps to send them to, but whether it allows you to then actually transfer the file to the device or just view them, I can't figure out Also if it does, how simple or time consuming that process is, I don't know.

So my questions; Firstly, does anyone have any experience of using these? Am I better trying to save for a proper wireless transmitter, or even just buy a couple more normal SD/CF cards and continue doing it manually?

I use trancend wifi cards in my 5d3 you can view them on your phone/tablet download them to your device then email them

Ideally I'd like the images to transfer to a location on my laptop as and when I shoot so I can look through and upload them to the club during lulls in play -

i would find that longer than my method.. are you using the lock and load method ? view the files in camera and lock the ones you want to keep as the game goes on.... then transfer those over by card.. will be maybe a dozen pics.. so quick... i would imagine quicker than loking through all your pics from the first half :)

i would find that longer than my method.. are you using the lock and load method ? view the files in camera and lock the ones you want to keep as the game goes on.... then transfer those over by card.. will be maybe a dozen pics.. so quick... i would imagine quicker than loking through all your pics from the first half :)

That sounds like a much better idea! I haven't even looked at that to be honest - will check it out :)

Thanks

photomechanic and other software download locked files only :)

I use the lock n load lethod. Changed the rate button on my 5D3 to protect. Only view the locked files on PM. It's so much quicker.

Hi all. A belated thanks for the replies - I have found the lock button on the camera (it's not exactly hidden is it?!) and will be getting Photo Mechanic, initially on a trial.

Thanks again

Back