Wireless shutter for d3100??

Blimey! You think that's cheap?

Have a look for an infra-red remote - they go for less than a fiver on eBay. I bought one from LinkDelight (eBay seller) about 4 years ago and it's still going strong on the original battery.

I use RF603's. Bought for off camera flash but can also be used to trigger camera wirelessly with the included cord.

Im a real beginner...but when ive seen the infra red remote for £5, im guessing you still need to buy a reciever to operate the shutter?

Tread carefully. For some reason Nikon didn't fit an infra red receiver to the D3100. No idea why. It's the same on the D300 and D700 and frankly it drives me nuts. The infra red receiver on the D5000 I had was so handy.

Does it have to be wireless? Some of the cheapo 7 day shop wired timer releases are pretty good. Have the added advantage of being able to lock the shutter down or do long exposure interval shooting (great for star trail etc). Just a thought.

I use a wired type Nikon shutter release on a d7000, its much better than the Nikon wireless remote.the wireless remote don't allow you to half depress the button on it to set the focus, most wired shutter releases do.to be honest the wireless type are so easy to lose unlike the wired types.

7dayshop do cheap one £12 just check the cable end that plugs into camera.
but I use the 7day flash trigger in reverse, instead of the transmitter on the camera you use the flash receiver and the cable supplied to trigger the camera.

For some reason Nikon didn't fit an infra red receiver to the D3100.

Really? That is a remarkable over sight on their part, IMO.

OP, ignore my suggestion for an IR remote ... sorry for the duff info :)

Really? That is a remarkable over sight on their part, IMO.

OP, ignore my suggestion for an IR remote ... sorry for the duff info :)

I'm assuming it wasn't an oversight but I would love to know the reason why. It's even more annoying that the 'pro' models don't have it given the price tag. A little infra red blipper is so much handier when you're in a hurry than a cable release.

I'm assuming it wasn't an oversight but I would love to know the reason why. It's even more annoying that the 'pro' models don't have it given the price tag. A little infra red blipper is so much handier when you're in a hurry than a cable release.

I know what you mean. When I was looking at the D300 (as an upgrade from my D90) I never even thought about it not having an IR receiver ... and really miss it. Having recently broken my battery grip I'm thinking about one on eBay that has an IR receiver and comes with a blipper too.

I bought a cheap one for £2 for my d1x which also works on my d300s;it has a lock for bulb etc,however it froze my camera momentarily the other night so iv'e invested in a genuine one to be on the safe side

Back