Wireless shutter release for Canon 70D? Does a good one exist?

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know of a wireless shutter release for the 70D that works well? I've tried one of the cheap ones before and could never get it working.

Also I don't know if it's an issue but some seem to use the hotshoe and I'd rather avoid that so I can still mount a speedlite or transmitter on top.

Any suggestions?

Yongnuo 602's

Yes

The 602's will trigger your camera, why would I tell you otherwise?

and for clarity, they will also trigger your flash :)

One piece of advice if you do decide to purchase them. Canon have two types of trigger sockets, I'm sure the 70D is a 2.5mm 3 pole jack plug but best to check first

Hahnel combi tf works great on my 60d has a hotshot connector on top for flash aswell. Or if you want an intervalometer they have the hahnel giga pro ii but it's more expensive

You will need a small, 30cm, cable (sometimes supplied with the triggers) to go from the receiver to the camera. There is the N3 or C3 type shown below or there is the 2.5mm jack similer to the one used on the Iphone earplugs.....best to check.

dfCGU7S.jpg

You will need a small, 30cm, cable (sometimes supplied with the triggers) to go from the receiver to the camera. There is the N3 or C3 type shown below or there is the 2.5mm jack similer to the one used on the Iphone earplugs.....best to check.

dfCGU7S.jpg

There's no port on my 70D to connect that to (is there??)...

There's no port on my 70D to connect that to (is there??)...

We're all used to the Dxx/xxD series using that C3 connector that's also used on the xD cameras, but the 60D saw them change to the "consumer" C1 connector as used on the xxxD/xxxxD ranges.

I believe the 70D has wifi, if so just download the app and control it via that. Obviously range is limited with wifi so if you need a better range - http://tinyurl.com/pcntp2q

The 603's are not as reliable as the 602's for camera trigger use, they seem to be ok for flash trigger though

Back