Wireless transmiter on digital cameras???

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

What do you think about this? About, WiFi on digital cameras, such as the EOS 1Ds Mark II with the WFT-E1 Wireless transmitter?

how helpfull could this be for a photographer?

Do you think it works only on studio or in an assignment at the street?

How does it work?

thanks

To my knowldge, just saves connecting a USB cable to download shots to PC. I assume there will also be some clever way to connect to mobile to transmit pictures straight to news desks.

As I undersand it this can be very usefull, Im sure the photographers at events such as wimbledon use it. Snapper at the sidelines taking photographs, journo at the back recieving pics to laptop, caption write article transmit to newsdesk.

just imagine being able to browse the shots remotely as they are taken. does it really work that way? if it does i'm impressed.

It does indeed wor that way. Some cameras support what is called 'tethered shooting' I.e. you can connect the computer via a cable to your laptop and transfer the images to that rather than a memory card. Personaly, knowing how flaky wi-fi can be sometimes, I'm not sure i'd trust my precious shots being zapped through the ether.

You can set up your own LAN, set up a programme on your notebook PC or PDA, click away and have the images transmitted automatically as you shoot to anyone with email.
It's effective up to about 100-200 metres on the D2X/D2H set-up and Nikon are trying to improve the range further. Third-party software and booster packs can be used to augment the system to further increase the range and applications.
Great for news and sports, also good for surveillance work - Law Enforcement/Military etc.
We can also link a GPS to the camera to provide location info embedded into the RAW file for evidentiary purposes.

Back