Wireless Trigger

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I need a wireless trigger for my 400D

To be used while i'm sat in the warmth photographing birds in the garden. I need approx 6 - 10m range.

Having not even seen one before, are they easy to set up and use??

I think i'm going to use the buddy system pretty soon as ive got too many daft questions.

Any links to them would be helpful. :)

Why does it have to be wireless? Why not just get a cheap wired trigger and make an extension lead for it? That's what I did.

Why does it have to be wireless? Why not just get a cheap wired trigger and make an extension lead for it? That's what I did.
:agree:

Its the cheaper option and (often) more reliable. See how you go with it and 'upgrade' to wireless later if you still fell the need. I use a 15 metre lead and its more than adequate for 95% of my needs.

I do use wireless too (Canon) and its good stuff but expensive. I tend to use 'wired' as my first option though.

My wireless and 15m wired shutter releases are both generics from HK eBay sellers, both costing less than £10. The wireless one will work with several camera makes. The wired one can be used more discretely if I want to include myself in a snap without also using timer delay; the camera won't fall asleep; and it works when I want to hoik the camera up high above me on a monopod. However, I'm glad to have the wireless one, too.

Back