Wirral

W

whiteflyer

I have a few days off next week and am looking for places to go for a days shooting. Already have a few ideas on my list Skippoll/Fleetwood, what I'd like to know is how much stuff is there on the Wirral.

I know New Brighton is there and Fort Perch Rock & Lighthouse, but I've never been and would like some ideas and info.

I was going to PM Pete, but I'll throw it open to everyone.

Cheers Mark

Birkenhead docks can be good for some shots, if you don't get mugged. There's also Port Sunlight which is lovely. There's West Kirby for sunsets and it has a marine lake with boats on most days. Its oddly hard to think of places on the Wirral, even though I live here. I spend most of my time in Liverpool :)

Thurstaston Common, there are some good views from the top of that palce.

Bidston Hill and windmill/observatory building, Moreton shore and lighthouse, The ww2 submarine in wallasey docks or how about Hadlow railway station in Willaston it is unused but preserved as it was in the 50's and 60's.

I live in Port Sunlight Mark so feel free to give me a shout if you want a tour :p
Thurstaston is very nice & I'd echo Petes suggestion about the Marine Lake in West Kirby as there's always something going on there.
I'll have a think & see if I can dig out any brochures (y)

Thanks for the info chaps. Looks like there is plenty to see for a day trip.

I'd be a bit wary of going to Biddy Hill with a nice camera, it's never been the safest of places, though it's a nice place to walk around. Parkgate may give you some nice shots across the Dee and also some of the old buildings around there. As said before, Port Sunlight is a must, you could always travel down to Ness Gardens if you like floral photos. If you want some really good wildlife photos just pop into the town centre anytime of the day and you'll be amazed as to what lurks around!!!

I forgot about Thornton Hough, too. A lovely place and a great pub, The Seven Stars!!!

Oh yeah, Thornton Hough is lovely. The windmill on Bidston Hill is cool but as mindcrime says hardly safe.

Also, if you go to Hoylake and walk around the coast towards West Kirkby there will be some nice views of Wales and also Red Rocks in-between these 2 points. And of course the Wirral Country Way is always good for a few shots. If the tide is good then get yourself to Hilbre Island and see the seals.

Back