Wiscombe Hill Climb

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

had a go at a bit of hill climb photography the other day, how did i do then?

was very hard trying to find a good spot for taking photo's

DPP_1932.jpg

DPP_1938.jpg

DPP_1937.jpg

DPP_1936.jpg

DPP_1939.jpg

All lovely images, great depth of field isolating the car and lovely colours.

What lens were these shot with?

DB

wiscombe not easy for pics, very shadowy further down the course and a long way away at the start, but a nice set there, hope to go there sat work permitting

All lovely images, great depth of field isolating the car and lovely colours.

What lens were these shot with?

DB

Thank you very much bud, pictures were taken with a Canon 70-200 is with a x1.4 thing bolted on the end of the lens and hand held :)

wiscombe not easy for pics, very shadowy further down the course and a long way away at the start, but a nice set there, hope to go there sat work permitting

Yeah i know its not easy finding a good spot at Wiscombe, a walked all over trying to find a good spot, i didn't want to take photos looking down on the cars either as i think you need to be low down to get impact!

Some great pics. It was a good event made all the more interesting by the torrential rain later in the day. I spent some time at the Wis Corner and the cars were almost stopping to get around the hairpin, made it really difficult to get any movement and action in the pictures. Inspired by these, I will post a couple of mine!!!

The first one I would say is definitely cropped too tight. The second one... Hmmm... It's probably a great image from Motorsport News, Event website etc (more PR/Media use) but if you look through my photography a lot of it is a wider perspective so from a personal opinion it's probably just edging on the tight side, but also the central crop offers no real thought into composition.

DB

Some great pics. It was a good event made all the more interesting by the torrential rain later in the day. I spent some time at the Wis Corner and the cars were almost stopping to get around the hairpin, made it really difficult to get any movement and action in the pictures. Inspired by these, I will post a couple of mine!!!

I would very much like to have a look at your pictures JFB... oh boy did it rain late in the afternoon!

The first one I would say is definitely cropped too tight. The second one... Hmmm... It's probably a great image from Motorsport News, Event website etc (more PR/Media use) but if you look through my photography a lot of it is a wider perspective so from a personal opinion it's probably just edging on the tight side, but also the central crop offers no real thought into composition.

DB

Thanks for your comments Impspeed…I did think I went a little over board on the cropping on the first one, I just wanted to show the guys face as he was looking straight at me, probably only any use to the guy that was driving really!

I have tried to have a look at some of your photos to take on board about staying out a little wider but I cant find them…. ( I’m a bit new to this interweb site stuff ) lol :bonk:

Any idea how I can find them?

Cheers Griff

Back