Wish me luck

Good luck Ally(y)

Don't forget to share what you learn;)

Well at 9:45 today I start studying photography at Dundee College, too bad its not spelling :p

Goodl luck Ally. I am very jealous. If I could do something again it would be that :clap:

have a great first day and let us know how it goes.

Wooo, that sounds like fun!!!! You gonna be top of the class then?

Good luck mate. I'm jealous. :)

I'd love to do an official photography course, if at least to give me some theory and technical knowledge as to what Im doing. So at least when lady luck comes calling and I get a good shot, I know why....lol

Good luck, Im really hoping to hear a positve tale here as Id love to go on a decent course.
I started a course at my local college, a huge class upwards of 20 odd peeps that was down to 6 by the time I stopped going.

all the best mate. (y)

College is great fun, I enjoyed it so much....look forward to hearing how you got on Ally

Good Luck Ally (y)

Good luck mate,

Really wish I could do a course such as this, can't afford to stop working to do it though, might have to look at the part time courses at Bradford College, Open University have one starting next year at £155 which isn't too bad.

Well I'm back in after my intro, :eek: diffrent would be the word. Most people on this forum would breeze threw it. But the equipment WOW! 5x4, medium and large format aswell as your 35mm black and white. First peace of info I learned was to keep you film in the fridge, never saw that one coming. one other note the class is made up of 17 people, 5 are male the rest are female :naughty:

thanks for all the replys, it really means alot :) :ty:

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01T189

Is the level 1 open university course, don't know if thats any good mind you, but its a long time away :(

"You’ll have a chance to be part of an active online community that will develop your fluency in digital photography. If you’re just starting out, you’ll be able to compare notes with many other people in the same situation. Visually focused, with text kept to a minimum, the course will develop your technical, visual, artistic and creative skills. The approach is very practical: a series on weekly hands-on assignments maximises your enjoyment as you progress through the course."

*ahem* You can get ALL that here for free ;)

Ahh memories, I can recall having arguments with my first wife about the amount of room I used to take up in the fridge for me bulk B/W and slide stock. Sorted that problem though, got a new wife :LOL:

Now will it make any difference if we keep our spare CF cards in the fridge :shrug:

orlyowlmj8.jpg

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not here too :(

ya, rly :/

currently frantically trying to enroll on a HND or similar in photography myself, as I've realised all too late that it'll put me in an infinitely more comfortable financial position. And it might be a bit of fun, to boot!

ya, rly :/

currently frantically trying to enroll on a HND or similar in photography myself, as I've realised all too late that it'll put me in an infinitely more comfortable financial position. And it might be a bit of fun, to boot!

I was hoping to do an HNC and then a HND after this NQ, but I found out to my horror that thay will not be doing a HND course anymore because the college never funds it properly :bang:

Has anyone thought about doing the OCA courses, the ones that always have the leaflets in the mags. I fancy doing another course because the one I did last year was pretty rubbish. Fancy something more challenging but has to be distance learning.

Good luck with the course Ally. I'd love to do a photography course, but they all tend to to be full time which is no good when I work full time. The other thing is that they tend to be based around film (yes, I know the photography basics are the same), but I don't possess a film camera so it would be an added expense.
Now you've got me thinking about evening classes :thinking: in something - I need to find some friends :(

Back