With Reuben's help!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Let me explain....I saw the forecast for Sunday morning and decided that I would have a couple of hours out with the camera. I had decided to head to a local woods in the NT centre called Quarry Bank Mill which is near Manchester Airport. As I was tip-toeing around the bedroom at 7am, my 6 yr old son came in and asked me where I was going and when I told him he asked me if he could come with me. I said yes and I am really glad I did. I don't often get time to myself, working long hours and with 2 young children so my photography time is pretty precious. its my down time away from everything to recharge the batteries. Anyway, he came along and we had a brilliant morning, just doing little things like catching leaves that were falling from trees and if you caught one you got a chocolate from the bag of Celebrations that I took along with me!! I let him take this one, I set it up, he pressed the shutter. We had a theme of colour in mind I spoke to him and showed him an example of how light can make a photo and what 'composition' is. It didn't really matter, it was just great being together in great surroundings and being home for 10.30am. This is 'his' image, I've processed it.

Black White Orange-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

So good to be out with your son like that, it's likely he'll remember that morning for years to come, and possibly all his life.

Good for you, it sounds like you had a great time.
I like the photo too, the dark areas contrasting nicely with the autumn colours.

Not sure which I like more, the accompanying story or the picture. But, as an example of this type, this is by far one of the better I've seen. Can't take my eyes of the splash of colour and light contrasting really nicely against the dark flowing water. You should take your boy out more. :)

I live just around the corner from Quarry bank and have been putting off going these months because of how muddy it would be (and my fluffy white dog would get..). But looking at the leaves on your photo.. I think I need to take a visit haha.

I suggest you give hime the camera Chris.
Nice shot the lad managed.

Very nice presentation Sir, liking this image very much.(y)

George.

Back