Woburn Classic Cars

D

Dinsdale

Paid a quick visit to the Classic Car Show at Woburn Abbey today. The weather wasn't that great but was pleased with the results.

I wouldn't mind some comments/critique of these shots... good or bad.

Thanks.

1) Jaguar XJS 3.6

Woburn Classic Cars-19 by RWalton65, on Flickr

2) Jaguar E-Type

Woburn Classic Cars-18 by RWalton65, on Flickr

3) Another Jaguar E-Type

Woburn Classic Cars-11 by RWalton65, on Flickr
4) Aston Martin DB7

Woburn Classic Cars-7 by RWalton65, on Flickr

5) There goes the neighbourhood...

Woburn Classic Cars-5 by RWalton65, on Flickr

6) Jaguar Mk2 or 3 not sure but back to something tasteful.

Woburn Classic Cars-10 by RWalton65, on Flickr

Thanks for looking; there's more on my Flickr account.

1) I really like this but two things stand out to me regarding the composition which could be fixed with a little more care in the viewfinder. That chair towards the rear is distracting (especially considering its red aswell ;)) but then again you might not have been able to move it or compose with it out of frame. Second, you're cutting into that front tyre just a little and I feel you could do with transferring some of the head-room up top to provide breathing space at the bottom of the frame.

2) This works great for me, lots of nice detail but a shame about that fella walking your frame on the right. (Cheat and clone him out? ;P)

3) I really like this because it provides a little context and plenty to look at but it doesn't feel like a run-of-the-mill snap. That car is a beauty too.

4) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at here to be honest, the focus point appears to be the license plate (the sharpest point of the image) but I don't care about the plate, its a DB7 for crying out loud, also a very nice car!

5) This is really similar to some of the other shots but I don't think it works too well. Looking at the crazy curves on the subject I think you could get in close with a long-ish focal length and get some really nice detail shots. Just my 2p.

6) Again, you're shooting from that front-right corner of vehicle. I think a head-on shot, in black and white with the details of the headlamps and grille and olde-style plate would work really well.

Great set though Richard, nothing fundamentally wrong with em'!

1) I really like this but two things stand out to me regarding the composition which could be fixed with a little more care in the viewfinder. That chair towards the rear is distracting (especially considering its red aswell ;)) but then again you might not have been able to move it or compose with it out of frame. Second, you're cutting into that front tyre just a little and I feel you could do with transferring some of the head-room up top to provide breathing space at the bottom of the frame.

2) This works great for me, lots of nice detail but a shame about that fella walking your frame on the right. (Cheat and clone him out? ;P)

3) I really like this because it provides a little context and plenty to look at but it doesn't feel like a run-of-the-mill snap. That car is a beauty too.

4) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at here to be honest, the focus point appears to be the license plate (the sharpest point of the image) but I don't care about the plate, its a DB7 for crying out loud, also a very nice car!

5) This is really similar to some of the other shots but I don't think it works too well. Looking at the crazy curves on the subject I think you could get in close with a long-ish focal length and get some really nice detail shots. Just my 2p.

6) Again, you're shooting from that front-right corner of vehicle. I think a head-on shot, in black and white with the details of the headlamps and grille and olde-style plate would work really well.

Great set though Richard, nothing fundamentally wrong with em'!

Good points all well received and appreciated. I found it difficult to get backgrounds that didn't contain some undesirable matter. Some people stopped or went around whilst some "Herberts" seemed to revel in being in the way.

Back