Woburn wildlife and a few scenic shots.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a short trip up the road to Woburn today. Pana Lumix G80 and 100-300mm, managed some nice shots of the church Gargoyles and the wildlife etc

006 02 01 23.jpg
007 02 12 23.jpg
011 02 01 23.jpg
018 02 01 23.jpg

This bird merits inclusion as it was following the BIF in the last shot and flew into a tree branch. I could swear it looks embarrassed. Glad it was ok.
020 02 01 23.jpg

This one was on the iPhone
049 02 01 23.jpg
028 02 01 23.jpg
031 02 01 23.jpg
026 02 01 23.jpg

Took a short trip up the road to Woburn today. Pana Lumix G80 and 100-300mm, managed some nice shots of the church Gargoyles and the wildlife etc

View attachment 377678
View attachment 377679
View attachment 377680
View attachment 377682

This bird merits inclusion as it was following the BIF in the last shot and flew into a tree branch. I could swear it looks embarrassed. Glad it was ok.
View attachment 377683

This one was on the iPhone
View attachment 377684
View attachment 377685
View attachment 377686
View attachment 377687
Well that set of images proves that you don't need a new camera/lens. What you need to do now is concentrate on composition, don't put the subject in the middle of the frame, and make sure that your verticals are vertical.

This sounds really pretentious but it does work; create the image in your head and then replicate it with the camera.

Well that set of images proves that you don't need a new camera/lens. What you need to do now is concentrate on composition, don't put the subject in the middle of the frame, and make sure that your verticals are vertical.

This sounds really pretentious but it does work; create the image in your head and then replicate it with the camera.
Thanks Rio, I must admit I do break the rule of thirds sometimes because a central image suits my eye on occasion.

Hi Keith, it's pleasing to see that your photography is continuing to improve. I agree with Rio's comment about verticals being vertical - unless it's done for artistic effect, of course.

I'm not much of a rule follower myself so don't have anything to say about your composition :) For static animals I think placing them in the centre of the frame is okay (y)

Hi Keith, it's pleasing to see that your photography is continuing to improve. I agree with Rio's comment about verticals being vertical - unless it's done for artistic effect, of course.

I'm not much of a rule follower myself so don't have anything to say about your composition :) For static animals I think placing them in the centre of the frame is okay (y)
Thanks Steve, can you point out the verticals please, not sure where I have got that wrong.
Yes I'm 50/50 on composition, sometimes I prefer a central subject.

Hi Keith, in the first two images the vertical surfaces aren't - they are leaning to the right.

Take a look at the flag pole on top of the church tower in the first image and you should see that it gets closer to the right hand side of the frame as it gets closer to the top.

Likewise in the second image, the lightning conductor shows the same problem. I have taken the liberty of straightening the verticals in this image (using Lightroom) to demonstrate the difference.
church tower-1.jpg
Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Hi Keith, in the first two images the vertical surfaces aren't - they are leaning to the right.

Take a look at the flag pole on top of the church tower in the first image and you should see that it gets closer to the right hand side of the frame as it gets closer to the top.

Likewise in the second image, the lightning conductor shows the same problem. I have taken the liberty of straightening the verticals in this image (using Lightroom) to demonstrate the difference.
View attachment 377738
Hope that helps :)
Ah right I see, to be honest I didn't consider the verticals, I usually do on landscapes but didn't occur to me on that one as the Gargoyle looked pretty straight.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Back