Wockin' Wobbin.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I trhink this Robin must be one of this years young, it's nowhere near as bold as the one who used to follow me around the garden earlier in the year. It's very inquisitive in typical Robin fashion, but still very wary and quick to vamoose. All of which begs the question - what's happened to my old mate Robby? He certainly wouoldn't have tolerated this feller on his patch now that he has his full red livery.

Unless this is a female of course, in which case Robby may still be around - I hope so.

4076964355_99854da4c2_o.jpg

4077718234_a07a9bd54b_o.jpg

4077718308_6da4769b46_o.jpg

4077718388_dd1a1f5f9a_o.jpg

7D, 500mm f4L, 1600 ISO.

i just so love this set i realy do ...you must use one for your xmas cards hey:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

i just so love this set i realy do ...you must use one for your xmas cards hey:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you kindly. I could really do with some snow though for the Crimbo card shots. :D

These are just marvellous, CT. I just want to reach out and touch them. There is clear,, then there is CLEAR!!!

ps: like the jonathon woss impersonation!! :D

Weally appweciate that Janice. :)

Fantastic set of shots, love the detail in these.

Very impressive.

Very nice

I googled this

In the winter, resident birds are joined by immigrants from Scandinavia and the continental Europe; these Robins are paler than ours, have a duller red breast. The immigrants are also generally less tame because they skulk in woodlands, only British Robins are a tame garden bird.

Regards

Mike

Excellent sharp set CT - my order is for no 1.

Thanks Tom, I suppose I'll have to sort you some discount. :D

Very nice

I googled this

In the winter, resident birds are joined by immigrants from Scandinavia and the continental Europe; these Robins are paler than ours, have a duller red breast. The immigrants are also generally less tame because they skulk in woodlands, only British Robins are a tame garden bird.

Regards

Mike
Cheers Mike - I'm not surprised that the immigrants skulk in the woods, with Robins being so fiercely territorial. There's a definite dark side to the nature of Robins and they'll often fight to the death over territory or females. I read somewhere that the smallest territory they'll put up with is about a sixth of the size of a football pitch, defending it against all comers.

Interestingly we've had quite a few of this years young Robins in the garden this year and it's been interesting watching the attitude of adult Robins change toward them as they matured. The young Robins in moult and showing that partial red aren't taken seriously or considered any threat, but as soon as they have the full red outfit or even very close to it sometimes, just adopting a higher perch than a mature male seems to taken as an assertion of dominance and the youngster is really cruisn' for a bruisin'

Life's tough if you're a Robin I guess. :D

Last edited:
And I reckon you are rocking along just fine now Cedric, great pose in #2 :D
and the quality of those shots now with the 7D seem to be coming well good. Have you found a sweet spot as such yet? :D

And I reckon you are rocking along just fine now Cedric, great pose in #2 :D
and the quality of those shots now with the 7D seem to be coming well good. Have you found a sweet spot as such yet? :D
Thanks Rich. Must admit I'm absolutely lovin' the 7D and I can't say I'm doing anything differently to what I did with the 50D. :shrug:

Cedric......these images are absolutely stunning, so crisp, clear and well presented, worthy of a front page of a glossy Bird Mag.
Very well done.
Regards, Alan.

Nice set of shots, apparently the birds we see in our gardens in the winter are probably not the same ones as we see in summer, hence the different behaviours.

Back