Wishes he had a couple more Inches
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Well.. almost.
My Eurasier Sebbe.

Sebbe by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

On my iMac, this looks really dark. On my calibrated PC it looks fine. What does everyone else see??

Looks fine on my iMac, and lovely dog, How old?.

At least yours will let you take a shot, mine goes mental every time the camera comes out, you would think I hit her with it the way she reacts!

Thanks, I guess I need to calibrate my iMac screen.

He is about 2 1/2. He doesnt like having his photo taken much, he goes very shy. Thankfully I have some buzz words that get his attention everytime :D

Nice image!

I think that the clue is in the histogram. You've got room for almost +1.3 EV in Lightroom without clipping, and lifting it definitely shows a difference, but it depends entirely on what sort of end result you are after! :D

Thanks, I guess I need to calibrate my iMac screen.

He is about 2 1/2. He doesnt like having his photo taken much, he goes very shy. Thankfully I have some buzz words that get his attention everytime :D

How do you find the shedding of coat.. Is is twice a year, and do you find it in your cameras and everything else for about 6 months afterwards..

Capture of the eyes makes a great pic. I'd be tempted to crop the left and right to remove the background altogether and just have the face in the shot. The dge of the head fur is so OOF that you are not losing much by cropping it out.

Lovely dog/wolf thing

Nice image!

I think that the clue is in the histogram. You've got room for almost +1.3 EV in Lightroom without clipping, and lifting it definitely shows a difference, but it depends entirely on what sort of end result you are after! :D

Good point, didnt think to look at the histogram. The result I wanted is whats on my PC Screen, my Imac screen shows it quite a bit darker and grittier. Im having a play with Capture NX on the mac, see what that comes out like.

How do you find the shedding of coat.. Is is twice a year, and do you find it in your cameras and everything else for about 6 months afterwards..

He has two proper maults (sp?) but pretty much all year round there is fur everywhere. He is brushed at least once a week and we get about half a carrier bag each time. We have a robot vacumn thing that we have to put on everyday to cope with the hairs on the floor.

Capture of the eyes makes a great pic. I'd be tempted to crop the left and right to remove the background altogether and just have the face in the shot. The dge of the head fur is so OOF that you are not losing much by cropping it out.

Lovely dog/wolf thing

Thanks! I was tempted to crop more, but thought it might be a bit cramped.
I might try it see how it is.

Looks fine on my laptop, Lovely looking dog

Thanks very much!

Lovely dog/wolf thing

Except that if you lift the exposure level, the fur that is out of focus creates a great halo around the head adding a different aspect to the shot and a more ethereal look. However it depends on what the end result is intended to achieve as I said.

Edit:

Ignore that as Tom's got the look that he was after! :D

Last edited:
Except that if you lift the exposure level, the fur that is out of focus creates a great halo around the head adding a different aspect to the shot and a more ethereal look. However it depends on what the end result is intended to achieve as I said.

Edit:

Ignore that as Tom's got the look that he was after! :D

You are qute right I was after a sort of etheral look I guess. My main aim was for the face and eyes especially to pop out of the screen as much as possible.

Looks OK on my IMac & recalibrated 2 days ago although a 1/3 stop push does help

He has two proper maults (sp?) but pretty much all year round there is fur everywhere. He is brushed at least once a week and we get about half a carrier bag each time. We have a robot vacumn thing that we have to put on everyday to cope with the hairs on the floor.

I know what you are saying, we have the same, and for some reason most of the fur ends up on my sensor or in my kit bag, or on clients (Even though the stupid mutt is nowhere even near them!)

Strange how 2 Sheddings a year seem to turn into a year long event!

We renamed ours 70lbs of Stupid & the only time you can get a capture on her is when she is in the snow playing!

Bell100s.jpg

Aww, she is adorable.

I know what you mean about snow.

sebbesnowball.jpg

_TOM0322.jpg

That's some dof you've got in the first one! Cracking eye contact and looks fine on my monitor at work (HP w2216v).

Back