Wolu Digital - problems!

Edit My Images
No
Has anyone had any dealings with them?

http://www.wolu.co.uk/

I purchased a canon 50mm f1.8 through them. After a few months it packed up so had it returned under warranty within 1 year.

This was last year. They STILL have my lens (damaged or not) and will not respond to any form of correspondence - emails, countless phonecalls, messages - nothing!

I have no idea what to do or how to get my lens back or indeed a replacement under warranty. Only thing I can think to do now is walk straight into their office in Canary Wharf

I keep trying their number but it just rings and rings - no answer :cautious:

Contact local Trading Standards, see if any other complaints have been received - their website looks 'broken' - if you can't communicate them in any way I would be concerned about ever seeing your lens again :(

Thing is there website looks very professional and like they are trading everyday. How do you mean 'broken'? Thanks :)

I wouldn't bother going to their Canary Wharf address as that is merely the Registered Office address - not their trading address.

Thing is there website looks very professional and like they are trading everyday. How do you mean 'broken'? Thanks :)

Faulty links in the top navigation bar (look for shadowing when you click) and missing image links to LHS.

The Canary Wharf address is not their Reg'd Office address. I don't know, but I suspect it is merely a mail-drop address. There are many many companies using that address.

The correct Reg'd Office address for Wolu Ltd is 5TH FLOOR, 89 NEW BOND STREET, LONDON, W1S 1DA

You may find this information 'interesting':

Next Accounts Due: 30/06/2011 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 29/09/2010
Next Return Due: 27/10/2011 OVERDUE

Here's the full history. If you want the Director's home address let me know and I'll pm you it.

05/03/2012 Winding-up Orders (Gazette)
20/02/2012 Completion of Winding-Up
08/02/2012 Petitions Winding-Up (Gazette)
13/12/2011 Suspension of striking off letter
06/10/2011 Dissolution (First Gazt)
30/09/2010 Compulsory strike off cancelled
30/09/2010 Dissolution (First Gazt)
31/03/2010 Compulsory strike off cancelled
28/01/2010 Dissolution (First Gazt)

EDIT: I think the New Bond Street address is simply a secretarial service address provided by Portland Registrars Ltd.

EDIT 2: I don't think you'll be getting anything out of them but perhaps it's some consolation that it's only a 50mm 1.8 you bought and not a DSLR. Oh, the offer for the Director's home address is for another point of contact by writing but be careful of harrassment laws. Don't go round there beating Wai Kei Andy up! lol

Last edited:
Oh, the offer for the Director's home address is for another point of contact by writing but be careful of harrassment laws. Don't go round there beating Wai Kei Andy up! lol

Yup as most of those that operate in this way are the first to 'squeal' if you show any frustrations verbally or otherwise to them! :wacky:

Bust or not they have your property and should return it. Make use of gmans offer and contact the company director, state your case and insist that he finds and returns your lens.

I agree with Hugh, if you bought the lens and have not had a refund nor the lens back then is that not theft? I'm not sure.

Steep said:
Bust or not they have your property and should return it. Make use of gmans offer and contact the company director, state your case and insist that he finds and returns your lens.

The contract is with the limited company, not the director personally so, afaik, he has no personal liability.

As for compensation, if they've been wound up any assets will be subject to an order regarding their disposal and probably a queue for monies owed, so a £70 lens is going to put you so far down the foodchain that it's probably not even worth the cost of a stamp to enquire after it, never mind setting off to go confront the director(s)....

2blue4u said:
The Canary Wharf address is not their Reg'd Office address. I don't know, but I suspect it is merely a mail-drop address. There are many many companies using that address.

The correct Reg'd Office address for Wolu Ltd is 5TH FLOOR, 89 NEW BOND STREET, LONDON, W1S 1DA

That, again, appears to be an accommodation address shared with numerous other companies.

Their website WHOIS apparently used to resolve to

Units A2, 12/F., Shun Cheung Industrial Building, No. 26 Wing Hong Str
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Hong Kong

so at best I think what this is is another SimplyElectronics type set up...

Was one of those 'you order it and we'll find it' type of setups wasn't it?

Can you not make a claim through paypal?

Could have applied but too late, i.e. too late when fault occured.

gramps said:
Could have applied but too late, i.e. too late when fault occured.

The claim would have to have been made before returning the goods under warranty. Paypal won't entertain a claim if you have already taken action.

Appreciate everyones input but like someone mentioned it highly unlikely ill see my lens now so ive written it off - im just relieved im not losing out ££££s. Shame though.

Back