Woman In A Knit Hat

Edit My Images
No
WomanInHat133.jpg

Is this medium (square) format or a 35mm crop? Great exposure and nice DOF. That guy's shirt in the background is a real distraction and puts a white blob right in front of the subject's face, which is unfortunate, but them's the breaks. :) Perhaps you could tone it down selectively?

CT said:
Is this medium (square) format or a 35mm crop? Great exposure and nice DOF. That guy's shirt in the background is a real distraction and puts a white blob right in front of the subject's face, which is unfortunate, but them's the breaks. :) Perhaps you could tone it down selectively?

Cropped from 35mm format. Yes, I noticed the white shirt as well and considered a layered, low opacity fix...but left it alone...thank you for the comments and critique.

Tuna

Great shot, reminds me of 60's war photog stuff (must be the hat lol)

Could do with some local contrast adjustment though, as mentioned above.....

WomanInHat133.jpg

i think this shot is very good, i have a lot of trouble with this kind of street photography, i feel very concious of the fact im holding a camera so this shot is something i would LIKE to do, but currently lake the nerve, lol

Agree about the man in the white shirt, that was very inconsiderate of him to be so bright!

what lens was it that you used Tuna?

Matty said:
what lens was it that you used Tuna?

And what camera please Tuna, I'd be interested to know. :)

Thank you for the continued comments and critique.

This was shot with a Leica MP and Voigtlander 35/1.7 Ultron on Kodak TMax 100 film.

Tuna

Matty said:
i think this shot is very good, i have a lot of trouble with this kind of street photography, i feel very concious of the fact im holding a camera so this shot is something i would LIKE to do, but currently lake the nerve, lol

For many years I also admired street photography in it's many forms and also had the same fears and inhibitions. I've gotten much more comfortable with taking street shots involving people though I am no Winogrand, whose bedside manner was akin to a bull in a china shop. I prefer to enter a scene and exit as unobtrusively as possible, even if the subject(s) is aware of my presence. There are many tricks one can use including the choice of small, quick and quiet cameras, pre-focusing and metering before approaching, etc. I would recommend making the attempt, especially if you would LIKE to do it - the rewards of a slice-of-life or decisive-moment type image is a fun challenge to meet.

Tuna

Tuna said:
Thank you for the continued comments and critique.

This was shot with a Leica MP and Voigtlander 35/1.7 Ultron on Kodak TMax 100 film.

Tuna

ahh...that explains the clarity and sharpness of the image,

also with a compact 35mm range finder camera like the leica MP you can easily capture candid street photography a lot better than a massive SLR hanging round ur neck ,

i didnt notice the man in the white shirt untill it was pointed out, so to be honest it didnt bother me either

i am thinking of getting myself a Leica ( used one ) just to play with now i have a good Neg scanner to hand

MyPix

Back