Womens Football

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Womens football will soon be given a massive push by the FA and others.. The superleague is to be launched in April with mostly midweek games for the telly ESPN and sat sun games.. it will run through the summer months

There is no licence system to photogrpah womens football.. So maybe an opportunity waiitng to happen?

I am commisioned to photogrpah all Balckburn Rovers ladies games and they arn't even in the superleague.. I am guessing photogrpahs will be needed from all fixtures..

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/SuperLeague

I wont be photogprahing the superleague due to other commitments.. but if your free.. worth a punt?

Womens football will soon be given a massive push by the FA and others.. The superleague is to be launched in April with mostly midweek games for the telly ESPN and sat sun games.. it will run through the summer months

There is no licence system to photogrpah womens football.. So maybe an opportunity waiitng to happen?

I am commisioned to photogrpah all Balckburn Rovers ladies games and they arn't even in the superleague.. I am guessing photogrpahs will be needed from all fixtures..

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/SuperLeague

I wont be photogprahing the superleague due to other commitments.. but if your free.. worth a punt?

I nearly took in the first hour of Donny Belles vs Blackburn yesterday, but needed a cuppa instead, so went into the Keepmoat..

I nearly took in the first hour of Donny Belles vs Blackburn yesterday, but needed a cuppa instead, so went into the Keepmoat..

Well worth starting this thread then... thanks for that.. :)

Well worth starting this thread then... thanks for that.. :)

I didn't mean it that way. I would have nipped across, but I didn't have the opportunity to get back across once I'd got my cuppa.

Its something that interests me, and I aim to do something about in the near future.

I didn't mean it that way. I would have nipped across, but I didn't have the opportunity to get back across once I'd got my cuppa.

Its something that interests me, and I aim to do something about in the near future.

looked like you was saying a cup of tea was more interesting :)

Did stuff for Birmingham City Ladies last season - so should hopefully be there again this season (and I also live closer to their ground now).
Football being played when it should during the SUMMER - not the bleeping freezing mid-February :wacky:

I have covered a couple of games, Glasgow ladies have had a few games against English teams.

Does anyone thing the main papers will be covering this with reports and photos?

What opportunities would there be to sell photos?

Would I be able to put photos on my own website for sale?

Does anyone thing the main papers will be covering this with reports and photos?

What opportunities would there be to sell photos?

Would I be able to put photos on my own website for sale?

we dont know the first answer.. its a brand new super league.. they seem to be throwing money at it.. they want photogrpahers there.. its on telly...

if theres no licence system then yes put em on your own site.. i ahve loads on mine from existing leagues

It's just a shame that they play on Sundays, otherwise I'd be seriously tempted. :(

Gotcha, I forgot to reread it! :)

When I had a look at my local Premier club it looked as though there are playing all of their current games on Sundays, which I'm already booked for, but midweek would have made things a lot easier, but looking through the team list they haven't made it into the WSL. I hadn't clicked that it was a completely different set up until I dug further through the link that you posted!

I could get over to West London for the Chelsea home games and to North London for the Arsenal games.

Did stuff for Birmingham City Ladies last season - so should hopefully be there again this season (and I also live closer to their ground now).
Football being played when it should during the SUMMER - not the bleeping freezing mid-February :wacky:

Hi,

Is it difficult to get pictures?
Where is the home ground?
Was there many photogprahers there?

Just wondering as I could do with some practice taking pictures.

Had a look on the fixtures, looks like there is a game on 6 March.

Hi,

Is it difficult to get pictures?
Where is the home ground?
Was there many photogprahers there?

Just wondering as I could do with some practice taking pictures.

Had a look on the fixtures, looks like there is a game on 6 March.

Hi ya,

Not sure what you mean by 'is it difficult to get pictures'??
So not quite sure how to answer that :)
It is football - and I think there is more happening in Women's footy than men's. I find it OK to get decent pictures from the games.

Home ground is in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Also about 4 miles from the train - so your own transport is easiest to get there (although I walked it few times last year.. keeps you fit).

Not many togs in the games - expect that to be different this year. As the 'money-smelling' photographers find their way to the games :bonk:

If you feel like going sometimes (not sure where in Brum you live) feel free to PM me and can see if can share a ride...
Might catch you at the ground during the summer!

Hi

Thanks - might try and get down there.

By the difficult to get pictures I meant are you in the stands, or can you wander up and down to find a good position..?

Can only say about how it was last season (with the League changing not sure if these will change as well).
Last year you were able to walk around the ground.. you have very small stand at the ground, so lots of spectators were around the ground as well.
As said - things might be different this season... but just have to wait and see :)

Let me know if you are going to a game - always nice to meet fellow TP togs at various games.

I may have a look at the Belles when I get chance over the summer.

they can be a bit strict at doncaster who they let in to photogrpah... esp if they play at the keepmoat... been a couple of times and wasnt simple...i covered the first ever ladies game at keepmoat new stadium...i think it was first ever game of any type at new stadium hence the rather decent crowd over a thousand for a ladies game...v leeds which helped :)

womens league cup final next month and in may the fa cup final.. womens fa cup final attracts around 25 thousand fans and again no licence system so anyone can apply to photogrpah it... never held at wembley though..

Back