Wondering if Jessops have sold me used goods

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to Jessops today to pick up my Interfit EX150 lighting kit.

Used my tesco vouchers, so all happy days, until I get home and open the box.

Didn't seem very well packed, but wasn't overly concerned about that, what has me worried is that the instructional dvd is a blank burned dvd and the cover for the dvd has been stuck onto a jessops dvd case!

Surely that can't be right :thinking:

Has anyone else brought this kit and confirm the dvd that was present. I would have expected a printed dvd and certainly not a jessops branded dvd case with the interfit cover glued on.

Haven't tested the kit, it may well be fine, but I'm concerned that I may be buying used goods :thumbsdown:

Cheers, I'd appreciate that. I'll pm you my email address.

I bought a compact as a backup from my local Jessops - when I played with it at home the shutter count was over 100 - took it back and got another as I was convinced that was used as well. They were happy to replace it for me though

Not 'second hand' but my first DSLR (Nikon D50) turned out to be well used ex-display.

When I marched back into the shop I was offered apologies and discount. A rant resulted in a new one plus discount.

I've often bought white goods on display and asked "do you have this one in stock" - when they say "sorry no sir" I say "great - I'll take it" and do a deal on a display model.

There's bargains to be had but it's a shame you get given used without knowing.

Yeah I understand what your saying about white goods in a shop, however that a relatively safe deal as most have never been switched on! Lol you don't go into currys and the washing machines on a spin cycle or a cooker is whipping up a stir fry. If you buy display stock from jessops or any other shop the chances are it has been powered up 1000 times, bashed, lenses swapped whilst switched on, etc. I got an sb900 from calumet recently got home after paying £350 and found inside the box was a sticker on showing it was hire stock, bloody not good enough. If these shops want to survive they have to stop taking the rise out of customers otherwise bye-bye as online is the new black

Will be interesting to hear what the manager says this afternoon.

Normally I'd just be demanding a refund, but as I paid with tesco vouchers, this adds a whole extra level of annoyance, as I'll have to organise to get the vouchers repaid, etc.

Hopefully the outcome will be a new unit and a bit of a discount.

Further update later today, wish me luck :eek:

Think Jessops have a policy of not discounting display models although yours doesn't by the sound of it come with all original items, so slightly different case.

Surely they should sell off ex demo models cheap, not the way to keep customers buying on the high st.

Insist on a new item which i'm sure you will and go for a discount at least for your time, petrol etc, might have more luck getting something like a memory card (not their usual offer of free prints though)

Called in to Jessops this afternoon. Spoke to manager, she was very nice and apologised and has ordered a new kit for me. In the meantime I'm keeping the original kit until I get a new one.

She was very nice so I was happy enough with the outcome. I'm just a big softie :)

I would be happy enough with a new kit.

Not worth the hassle sometimes with trying to get money off etc - Everyone of course is different but they have admitted that it was wrong and you are getting a brand new one. Problem solved for me :)

Good result, but very naughty trying it in the first place, daresay some other poor sod will be getting the kit you return

Back