Woo Hoo - I found some Poppies!!

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
I saw this on my way home last night in the distance, so I set about trying to find it and here it is! There were two fields but I couldn't find the other one - might have to get the compass out! :LOL: Anyway, the sun went in as soon as I arrived but I'm still thrilled I found them :D

2569741921_c59d769d0a.jpg

2570610184_87d9b3946d.jpg

TFL :D

Both lovely shots :) and congrats on finding them (y) all they seem to grow round here are sheep and cows :( not even a field of rape or anything! Dont suppose you want a lodger do you? :p

Ohh they are just lovely.

Can I ask where the fields are....I feel a visit coming on after work today /tomorrow!:clap:

is it me or is the fromt middle one, from pic 1 OOF :thinking:

2nd one is brilliant against that sky (y)

Very nice (y) Are you going to go back on a glorious sunny day? If we get another one that is :cautious:

That second one is amazing , i'd hang that :)

Did you use any filters?

Thanks Neil - no filters, it was pretty dull, I just livened it up a bit in Paint Shop. :)

Both lovely shots and congrats on finding them (y) all they seem to grow round here are sheep and cows not even a field of rape or anything! Dont suppose you want a lodger do you? :p

Thanks JL - can you cook? ;)

Ohh they are just lovely.

Can I ask where the fields are....I feel a visit coming on after work today /tomorrow!

Thank you Grahame, I don't know whereabouts you are in Kent, but these were near Horton Kirby/South Darenth area. :)

is it me or is the fromt middle one, from pic 1 OOF :thinking:

2nd one is brilliant against that sky (y)

Thanks Stevie, ah you're not meant to notice that! It was windy! :)

Beautiful perspective and colours in no2 :clap:

Thanks DD. :)

Same here (y)

Awesome stuff LP (y)

Thanks TG. :)

Thank you Jo, I might just have to do that :)

Last edited:
Lovely pictures Donna. Perhaps you should organise a flower meet?!

Lovely shots, Donna...I'm as jealous as Jimmy that you found some (I can cook, BTW :D ;)), as I can't find any around here either :(. #2 is a splendid ocean of colour - I'd definitely canvas that :)

How wonderful. Usually we strive for a field of poppies with a blue sky.. but these look fab with that grey cloudy one. (y)

The reds against the grey sky is great, love these Donna (y)

That looks like a really good find Donna. Quite sad but I was very excited to find some yesterday, i mean really, they're just flowers. ;)

I hope you're planing to go back again. Those are lovely shots but I think you could get plenty more from that lot. :)

:clap:
First one for me; but both excellent (y)

Haven't come across any here yet but I haven't been past my usual haunt yet.

Lovely shots Donna and it shows you don't have to have sunsets or sunshine to make beautiful images!

P.s. I like the slightly blurred one in the first as it adds a bit of movement to the scene!

Thanks very much once again for all your comments folks - appreciated as always (y):D

That looks like a really good find Donna. Quite sad but I was very excited to find some yesterday, i mean really, they're just flowers. ;)

I hope you're planing to go back again. Those are lovely shots but I think you could get plenty more from that lot. :)

Thanks Dazza - fancy getting excited over some flowers ;) I will go back but after the rain last night they're probably all soggy now :(

Haven't come across any here yet but I haven't been past my usual haunt yet.

Lovely shots Donna and it shows you don't have to have sunsets or sunshine to make beautiful images!

P.s. I like the slightly blurred one in the first as it adds a bit of movement to the scene!

Thanks Gandhi - I quite like the grey sky although I was cursing the clouds when I got there! Glad you like the blurry one! :D

Well done Lady P, I like the first one best. I am going to keep my eye open for something similar near me now! :)

gosh. beautiful.

#1 I like the apparent triangle in the bottom left, which pushes above the horizon on the left hand side and meets a reflected triangle of the darker cloud (does that make sense? I know what I mean). Just adds something that a straight horizon wouldnt do I think.

On #2 I like the way the fence posts run across.

Superb sky on both.

Well done Lady P, I like the first one best. I am going to keep my eye open for something similar near me now! :)

Thank you Mercury :)

gosh. beautiful.

#1 I like the apparent triangle in the bottom left, which pushes above the horizon on the left hand side and meets a reflected triangle of the darker cloud (does that make sense? I know what I mean). Just adds something that a straight horizon wouldnt do I think.

On #2 I like the way the fence posts run across.

Superb sky on both.

Thanks very much who, and to think I was so disappointed that the sun had disappeared. :)

Oooh! youre so lucky ... thats a gorgeous carpet of red you found there (y)
Hope youre going back for more!

Thanks Glo, I went back to day and waited in the car suspiciously waiting for the dark clouds to blow over - it paid off because the blue made a brief appearance. Might bore you later with more poppies with a bit of blue sky! :LOL:

These are great Donna, never see poppies round my way....hard to pick the better of these two - my leanings are to number 2 :D

These are great Donna, never see poppies round my way....hard to pick the better of these two - my leanings are to number 2 :D

Thanks John - I've never seen quite so many before round here either. :)

Both great shots!(y)
I think I may prefer no.2?:shrug:

I'm still waiting for them down this neck of the woods!:cautious:

Spence

Thanks Spencer - I'm sure they'll be popping up soon over there :)

I really like the movement in #1...makes it look alive! Those colours against the grey sky really work so well....better than against a blue in some respects......more England, if you know what I mean! And the textures are good too....so delicate yet so strong. Lovely! :clap:

Thanks for the location Donna, I am going there tomorrow first thing, so hopefully it will be sunny...dont hold much hope though

I really like the movement in #1...makes it look alive! Those colours against the grey sky really work so well....better than against a blue in some respects......more England, if you know what I mean! And the textures are good too....so delicate yet so strong. Lovely! :clap:

Thank you photostar :)

Thanks for the location Donna, I am going there tomorrow first thing, so hopefully it will be sunny...dont hold much hope though

That's ok - how did you get on - did you go?

Back