Woo Hoo It finally arrived :-)

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
My new 100mm Macro and I love it already - just trying it out on a few flowers ;):D below of which are three of them. :D

1. Vanilla Swirls
3201302253_1c457c9f4c_o.jpg

2. Layers
3201303439_c08ca7fd6b_o.jpg

3. Inside
3201316569_d4e1ae57ae_o.jpg

C&C welcome and thanks for looking :D

Oh very nice Donna, I think the macro section is going to get a little busier now :)

If ever anyone could do justice to a flower with a macro lens it was going to be you Donna :D

A marvellous set!

#1 is like a creamy whirlpool and the lighting and dof in #2 and #3 is great!

That 100mm is a marvellous lens - you will enjoy it!

Look forward to more from it :)!

Ooooh lovely!!!! The first particularly is a real cracker for me!! Looks like a fantastic lens :)

Any lens is only as good as the person using it Donner, very well done, excellent captures!

Lovely,lovely and lovely!! What a good start :clap: If I was forced to choose a fav I think it would be #2 for that really shallow dof (y)

Donna you're the bees knees of flower photography on TP!

Clive
xx

Nice lighting and control of DOF (y) fav is number 2

Thanks very much everyone :D:D - all your lovely comments very much appreciated and yes I will be boring you with more macros from now on :LOL::LOL:

But I have to say that it is a great lens (y) The shallow Dof is beautiful and wonderfully dreamy :D:D

Very nice:) I love the rose shots, but the third one is fab, for the colours,it is lovely x

Looks to be working well. Nice shots for a first new lens post. The 1st is very pleasing

Very nice Donna hope to see more soon :)

Try it for portraits too Donna, it's more versatile than you think :)

............................why am I telling her this? She's romped off with the tog of the year (deservedly so because she's blooming good) and here she is buying more kit and I'm here giving away my secret weapon, the 100mm macro for portraits...............

nah, you go for it Donna, try it, you might just love it even more. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Suzi, Paul, BB :D I'm glad you like them :D

:LOL: Ali - thanks very much - all advice is gratefully received :D And although I don't take many portraits I will endeavour to find some willing victims to shoot!:LOL:

Last edited:
Nice set, I love all of them!

............................why am I telling her this? She's romped off with the tog of the year (deservedly so because she's blooming good)

I've not followed this at all but that's certainly not surprising at all.

A good thread this, it means that all the macro shooters are likely going to have to up their game shortly and all this praise heaped on Donna means that she'll be under some pressure now. :LOL:

Ooooh Donna, that first one is magic! (y)

You wait till spring and summer and you get out in the garden with those flowers. ;)

Loving the first one. They are all good though. Looks like you're gonna enjoy that new lens.

Very nice shots, love the first one, I agree a dreamy shot, makes me think of chocolate flakes, the swirls, mind you it's raining outside, & that's making me think of chocolate too, maybe I'm just in a chocolate mood. :)

Nice set, I love all of them!

Thank you Richie - much appreciated :)

I've not followed this at all but that's certainly not surprising at all.

A good thread this, it means that all the macro shooters are likely going to have to up their game shortly and all this praise heaped on Donna means that she'll be under some pressure now.

Thanks Darren but that's it now - I've peaked and it's all down hill from now on! :LOL:

Ooooh Donna, that first one is magic!

You wait till spring and summer and you get out in the garden with those flowers. ;)

Thanks very much Janice :) Yep, you'll be inundated with the blooming shots ;):D

Loving the first one. They are all good though. Looks like you're gonna enjoy that new lens.

Thanks John - I'm having lots of fun with it at the moment.:D

Very nice shots, love the first one, I agree a dreamy shot, makes me think of chocolate flakes, the swirls, mind you it's raining outside, & that's making me think of chocolate too, maybe I'm just in a chocolate mood. :)

:LOL: Mmm me too Kevin - although I'm permanently thinking and eating chocolate :D Many thanks for your comment.

that's it now - I've peaked and it's all down hill from now on!

Surely the best reason for climbing to the top is just to enjoy the ride back down. :D

Back