Woo, I took 2nd place in a competition. :) - Image embedded.

Edit My Images
No
Well what'dya know !! :D Mighty pleased I must admit.

Dear Ian,

Earlier this year you submitted an entry to our bug photography competition of a hoverfly. I’m pleased to announce that your entry was awarded Second Place in the adult category in our public vote.

I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate you, and to invite you to the Museum on to be awarded with your certificate, a photo opportunity for our website and perhaps the local press, as well as a behind the scenes tour of our Bug House and Entomology Departments. We will forward you the full details in a few days.

The winning entries will be enlarged and displayed in the museum, and on our website for visitor viewing.

The shot I submitted was this one:

IMG2741crop-L.jpg

Congrats mate. You deserve it.

Congratulations, well deserved.

Cheers all :).

I'll be interested in seeing the winners shot of course but naturally to congratulate the person as I'm very pleased with my result :)

Really well done Ian, great detail in the shot ;)

you woz robbed! You should have won! But seriously... great job (y)

Thanks again guys :).

Appreciated :)

Thanks Ian :)

Cheers all :)

Amazing shot ! was it a lucky shot or a staged one ? i want to see the winners too !

Thanks Thomas.

It was completely staged but at the time wasn't aware I'd be using it for a competition. The Syritta Pipiens Hover was basking in the evening sun. For pretty much 99.9% of my macro shots, I'm hand held however on this occasion I was lucky enough to have time to go and get my tripod.

Really, I should have focus stacked this one

I took this with my phone of the shot actually having been set up :) I'll see if I can locate the winners shot.

i-Qtp77c2-S.jpg

great detail ian ,well done(y)
brilliant photo
all the best
mick:wave:

Well done :) nothing like getting some recognition for your efforts.

I was tempted to buy that Sigma macro lens a while back, for my D90. I got a great deal on a 60mm micro instead though, and really need to get out and use it more.

Hahaha, MMM yes indeed the Fly deserves some recognition too :D

hehe, thanks again all. Can't locate the details on the site but parts of it were down for maintenance as well :)

Wll done that is simply superb. Looks like a great kit you have there as well.

Congratulations! :clap: Well deserved. Excellent detail in that shot.

Thanks again guys. :)

Haven't located the winners shot on the site.. that said, I'm not sure they're allowed to publish the images on the web as it was in house take in your prints comp. Anyway, all will be revealed on the 30th :)

It does say the shots will be published on their web site. I imagine after the 30th.

Back