Wood Sandpiper -Waders are returning at Dungeness

Two very nice shots indeed and don't they have beautiful markings?.

Reactions: KAS
for me the crops don't show the images at their best ... I can see that you are trying to keep the reflection, but for me there is too much fg on the first image and both crops seem unbalanced

It's good to have space around but there has to be a reason and it needs to add something

Just my opinion, others will disagree

from what you have posted I would go for something like this

edit_100.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice images

Nice captures Keith, I like the surrounding detail with the reflection, albeit disturbed ... we have had one at my local reserve but I find it so difficult to spot the differences between these different birds that I can't say I've knowingly seen it yet :D

for me the crops don't show the images at their best ... I can see that you are trying to keep the reflection, but for me there is too much fg on the first image and both crops seem unbalanced

It's good to have space around but there has to be a reason and it needs to add something

Just my opinion, others will disagree

from what you have posted I would go for something like this

Thanks Bill. They were at a distance, mid afternoon and the hide was quite high. Even with my Sigma 150-600mm I couldn't fill the frame. I don't like cropping and not very artistic so thank you for the advice it is appreciated.

Back