Woodland vista from Bohemian Swiss

ntz

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I struggle with woodland compositions, real bad ... yeah .. I was cleaning up my b-rolls and this one is from folder that I wanted to delete .. And there are many others that I wouldn't consider worth to develop .. Is it likable or not ??

thank you very much in forward for your input .. I absolutely don't understand howto make photos in woodland ..

cheers, ~dan

ps. don't hesitate to click on the photo, it will redirect you to my flickr from where you can review or download the photo in much greater detail

I like it.

• Love
Reactions: ntz
Woodland is difficult. I think you have done pretty well. The distaction is the the "brick" and dead branchest at the front. They could easily have removed, resulting, I think, in a really pleasing imge.

• Love
The light is potentially good here, but needs a little help. I would drop exposure on the foreground and reign back the radio-active green of the tree trunk a little. The sunlight coming through is back-lighting the ferns in the mid-ground and I'd look to warm and intensify their presence in the image. I'd probably also play with cropping out the bright right hand side of the image. The starburst from the sun works well as a focal point.

• Love
shot can be developed in may ways .. I was bracketing this scene but in the end I've gone with this version even with highlights blown out a bit on the right side .. in my opinion it adds a depth into a photography ... I am not necessarily fighting blown highlights every time, especially if photograph contains also blown shadows (not sure about terminology but you known what I mean - just blacks) .. here is original out of camera JPEG ..

but thank you very much to everybody for your comments ...

Back