B&W Woodland & Waterfall - Sgwd yr Eira

• Thread starter Deleted member 23951
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23951

Earlier in the week I ventured to one of the waterfalls in the Brecon Beacons to take somne images. I have never had any luck at this location and it probably wasn't the best idea to go on a sunny day - the place was packed with people having a good time and also taking a dip in the pool infront of the falls. I don't normally take images with people in but I quite liked this? I also took some others which I have posted on my you tube channel where I record my walks as a reminder of the times I get out with the camera. Had a loverly encounter with a Robin when I got back to the car park too.

Woodland & Waterfall - Sgwd yr Eira
Colour 2500px 1M7A7887.jpg

To be honest P&S I'm just not a fan of silky water shots but I think that the inclusion of people makes the shot something different and I like it a lot. Well done. If I ever do a silky water shot I'll try to include someone in it :D

Last edited:
To be honest P&S I just not a fan of silky water shots but I think that the inclusion of people make the shot something different and I like it a lot. Well done. If I ever do a silky water shot I'll try to include someone in it :D
Thank you.

Well seen and executed. By placing my finger over the figures, the impact of the image is reduced and all scale is removed. The inclusion is a great idea and gives a foreground interest as well as the silky backdrop.

The people really add to the sense of scale.

A lovely part of the world, I know it (and miss it!) well.

Protruding branches and people in the frame. It's a no from me.

You don't need people to tell the scale - the bottom rocks, ferns on the side of the falls all tell you the size.

And why is scale important, it's a photograph, not a scientific chart/map.

Well seen and executed. By placing my finger over the figures, the impact of the image is reduced and all scale is removed. The inclusion is a great idea and gives a foreground interest as well as the silky backdrop.
Thank you.

You don't need people to tell the scale - the bottom rocks, ferns on the side of the falls all tell you the size.

Thanks for the critique. It's a waterfall I have never really had any luck photographing but I quite like the context of the people in the image - it was all part of a day of people out enjoying themselves. If you click the link in the original post you will see a video of tyhe walk and me explaining my feelings about the shoot - there is also an image without people in.

ok

Back