Critique Woodlouse and Spider up close

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, Hope you all had a fab time this xmas.
Well its been ok here for me and grabbed a few superbe shots.

#1 Woodlouse party
View attachment 27387

#2 On its own
View attachment 27388

#3 Woke to this this morning, gave me a fright so I thought I`d get my own back and take a mug shot.
Proberly one of the biggest I have seen this year.
View attachment 27389

#4 Spider as above.
View attachment 27390

Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

Nice ones Graham great jumper

Nice set of images Graham, I really like the Jumping Spider.(y)

George.

Not sure if the white balance is off slightly on the louse shots and the first jumper shot looks like Santa. :LOL: Is it a Zebra spider?.

Not sure if the white balance is off slightly on the louse shots and the first jumper shot looks like Santa. :LOL: Is it a Zebra spider?.
Hi. W/b was on auto as always so it is what it is, so much to learn with photography for me it's a slow process lol.
I don't think that is a zebra spider.
Thanks for your comments.

Auto normally works ok for WB macro i have found, but occasionally it does get it wrong. Looks like it just needs warming a touch. Do you use lightroom?.

Auto normally works ok for WB macro i have found, but occasionally it does get it wrong. Looks like it just needs warming a touch. Do you use lightroom?.
No don't / can't use l/r as only got a 32bit PC :banghead: I just use GIMP and another free program that I use.

Ah! ok, maybe just have a play and see what you think. I would say definitely the second louse shot looks a touch on the cool side of MR Kelvin.

I would change the WB of #4 to be same as #3 as #3 looks better of a incredible cute jumper...

Have you got yourself a new lens?

I would change the WB of #4 to be same as #3 as #3 looks better of a incredible cute jumper...

Have you got yourself a new lens?
Hi Bryn. Nope, no new lens was just lucky I guess and I'm thinking the bigger the critters the less zoom in use so that helps.

Back