Woodpecker Rally 2012 @ Suicide alley!!

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Spent the day yesterday at the Woodpecker stages. Haye Park was run twice so really no option but to go there. Morning was spent on a nice tight uphill hairpin and in the afternoon gave 'suicide alley' a go... Watched the top 3 run through hitting speeds of 90-110mph (that's what some speccy told me) and decided that's no place for a 43 year old with a camera..

Hers's some of my favourites from the day

1# Sponsered by Go Pro??
7911656566_140dc6bebb_c.jpg

2#
7911648802_3f3165a2ab_c.jpg

3#
7911652480_017c7714d1_c.jpg

4# Too close for comfort standing here taking this, time to move...
7911649718_dc2ee91ecc_c.jpg

5#
7911654772_cb50e565b4_c.jpg

6# Every set of rally pics should finish with a flying MkII...
7911647340_c478f4f63e_c.jpg

Thanks for looking, next stop Wales Rally GB...

Last edited:
Nice shots. Still find it funny seeing people take pictures with an Ipad!

Hi Mark ,
I was at Suicide alley last year with half the BRF ,uhm ,not worth a life for a shot ,so didnt bother this year .
Good set mate,and nice spot for the Manta.

I love the last 3, they are really intresting. I love how in no.4 in the background the guy is using an ipad :D what kind of lens were you using?

Simon, No's 2,4,6 Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 lens. No's 1,3,5 taken with a Nikon18-105mm standard DX kit lens.

Hi Mark ,
I was at Suicide alley last year with half the BRF ,uhm ,not worth a life for a shot ,so didnt bother this year .
Good set mate,and nice spot for the Manta.

Cheers Chris, think the Manta shot requires some tweeking with the highlight levels, looks a little over exposed on here IMHO

The 'suicide alley' spot didn't look that bad when I got there. Had an escape plan just in case. Julian Wilkes went through and I thought ,ok perhaps a little bit silly. Then came the top 3 and Shaun Gardener getting it slightly off line and I knew it was time to move..

really caught the action in these! very exciting pics!

Many thanks (y)

some realy cracking pics Mark no5 i love the most :)

Cracking captures!!! Great timing with the jump shots.

Ben

Nice set love 2 especially the two fellas in the red polo shirts reeling back from the flying stones :LOL: 5 is another fave for me.

:LOL: That amused me to, hence leaving them in on the edit

Great set, love the Manta image and of course the flying cars always impress.

Cheers

some realy cracking pics Mark no5 i love the most :)

Hi Alix, it did seem like I spent most of the day trying to get run over. The jumps were good but a little to close..

Cracking captures!!! Great timing with the jump shots.

Ben

(y)

Back