Woodside motox

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Strange day, bright, then rain, dull, then sun, just what you want :bang: Anyway, tried some different stuff again, be interested in what folk think as in a few I've deliberately gone in so tight as to almost lose the bike entirely :)

Get ready
ML1W5537.jpg

We're off
ML1W5542.jpg

I got the holeshot
ML1W5331.jpg

Got to shake him off
ML1W5847.jpg

Big air
ML1W6045.jpg

ML1W4961.jpg

ML1W5864.jpg

ML1W4936.jpg

I like the 1st one and wonder hoe it would look with the wheel in the middle (in focus) was in colour and the rest of the pic in B/W.

Good set there George and some interesting angles, # 2 & 3 are the money shots - excellent. I think the first would look better with one of the nearer tyres in focus. :D

What a terrific set. I think close crops work really well in MX. #2 would be my pick from that lot for atmosphere. Composition in #4 is bang on. It looks a little soft, but with all that mud it's hard to tell and doesn't really detract from the overall shot.

Thanks for the comments folks, it's good to try being different, otherwise you end up with literally hundreds of the "same" shot.

Really like the 1st one :clap: Different and 'classy'

Nice work

Dave

Thanks for the comments folks, it's good to try being different, otherwise you end up with literally hundreds of the "same" shot.
Your usual high standard Dod #1and #2 REALLY stand out for me ,top drawer stuff..(y). Was it as busy as they said it was going to be?

Cracking set Dod, I guess we met today.................love what you managed to get, have posted some of mine, not as good as these though.......nice work Sir.

Some fantastic shots there really makes me want to try some motox photography!

cracking set 1 & 2 I really like

'Big Air' - not good from the rider with his feet coming off the pegs, needs to keep on the throttle a little bit longer :p

fantastic set there Dod..
Loving the big air shot and the second one too.
Keep it up... Must visit the nearest MX track. Matchams me thinks....
yes.. must put in my calender :)

Was it as busy as they said it was going to be?
Huge entry, the moto-one guys weren't there though :shrug: Pete Mitchell was flying, had a good half lap on 2nd place. Young Sean had a good first race but seemed to fall off the pace after that.

Cracking set Dod, I guess we met today.................love what you managed to get, have posted some of mine, not as good as these though.......nice work Sir.

Thanks, was that you I was talking to at the start gate. If it was, apologies, I couldn't hear a word you were saying :LOL:

Huge entry, the moto-one guys weren't there though Pete Mitchell was flying, had a good half lap on 2nd place. Young Sean had a good first race but seemed to fall off the pace after that....

Heard today that Mr Craig has been dropped by Moto1 ...:shrug:

first two shows are brilliant! very different to the usual air shots

Great set dod. Its really hard to get different shots with motox. I'm hoping to get a bit of trackside action at my local practise track soon.
Neil

1,2 and the last for me. Excellent set overall. (y)

Totally excellent! Really, really nice stuff - right into the action is the way to shoot MX I think and it matters not one bit if you loose bits off the edge of the shot.

Its all about capturing the madness that is MX and you have it really nicely done here.

If I can come away from Canada Heights in a few weeks with some nearly this good I will be 200% chuffed :D

old thread revival :p Thanks for the comments folks :)

Great shots, really like the first two and worth the effort of looking for that different shot :clap: I also really like number 6 but seem to be on my own with that one :LOL: Just think the action and dof is spot on and the crop really works.

Back