Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
BH17.jpg

D300 ,80-200 @ 200mm.....blahdy blah.

Thanks,too close,I chopped its tail off.........:bang:

:D

Whites are a bit blown on the back as well,I think.

Last edited:
They are blown, thats a shame. Could you recover them in Photoshops Shadow /Highlights? Nothing you can do about the tail.

The white feather detail on the front is excellent though, and the field of focus is just right :)

Quick play, better?

BH17-1.jpg

Thanks for the help..........(y)

The first I love, the 2nd looses the punch. The blown highlights are hardly an issue, such a tiny area of the photo.

The first is excellent, one to be proud of :)

Gary.

Thanks Gary,I must admit I prefer the first,though that iddybiddy blown bit annoys me........:D

Thanks Gary,I must admit I prefer the first,though that iddybiddy blown bit annoys me........:D

I that case, I would use a soft overlay from the 2nd shot, on ONLY the blown area. Just put the layer on top, and use a very soft edged 100% erasure, remove all around the blown area, job done :)

Gary.

I agree with Garry, Ade. The first is still the better of the two. I meant use the magic wand on that tiny area of blown white that's bugging you, then the shadow/highlight on that alone.

Nowt wrong with the rest of the shot :)

Good capture Ade, those highlights are buggers arn`t they? :bang: Still nice composition and the rest of the pic seems to be exposed well (y)

Thanks all.............(y)

Comments and opinions noted and I shall have a play with it,thanks again for your help and opinions.

Back