Woody's Back

PIKEMAN

Dances with Squidgers
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
After nearly 2 months away the woodpecker came back to the feeder today :woot: plus loads of blue tits. c&c welcome Steve (y)

woody2.jpg

Blue-tit2.jpg

yay for woody!!

luurve them both and the colours are fabulous! I also like the way woody is peering round the tree

Prefer the photo of woody, you seem to have got the focus on him spot on, but slightly missed on the blue tit as his tail feathers seem sharper than the eyes

yep woody woodpecker for me too well caught (y)

Brilliant photos pikeman glad to see you posting woody photos back to top form i'd say

The woodpecker is just amazing love his colours, the clarity and composition wow!:)

yup woody's the better of the two
but it's a close run thing! :clap:

Thankyou for all your c&c (y) Hope to get some better shot's in the near future, light was poor over the weekend so happy with these shot's as they were hand held.
TV 1/80
AV 5.6
ISO 400
Focal length 210

crikey - you must have been close to them!
in a hide?
or just stealth??

Hide is a bedroom at the mother-in-law's bungalow. I use a blackout blind with a hole cut out for lens to fit through and a small hole to watch out of . Started with the feeder about 16ft away and over a period of time moved it closer to the window 2ft at a time . The branch the woody uses is about 7ft away .All this takes time but if your patient enough, its surprising how close they will come .for the small birds is a stick about 4ft high placed under the seed feeder. this makes it the last landing place before the food. Hope this helps.(y)

Nice shots. (y) My GSW is appearing two or three times a day pretty regularly but always on the feeder, so I can't be bothered to lift the camera at it. Trouble is it comes straight onto the feeder and takes off like the Space Shuttle. Just now and again it alights on the trunk of a nearby tree... so one of these days. :woot:

Top notch ... well done (y)

you set up sound like my garden studio. your wright about the distance they will come to . i just wish i had woodies in my garden. great shots by the way.
many thanks
jason

nice shots there steve (y)
especially the woody well done (y)

Back