Woot! My Nikon DX 35mm 1.8G arrived today

Great little lens, my favourite so far! In case you haven't found out yet, the autofocus ring can be manually overriden. Just rotate it after the camera is done with the focus :)

I love mine, has hardly been off the camera since I've bought it!!

I got mine from the chap above, so thank you Boldonian.

Great lens, wish I'd never sold mine - even useful on full frame in certain situations.

Another vote for the 35mm, love mine as it's so nice to use and the results are great!

Cracking little lens, the focal length suited me much better on my D200 than a 50mm. Sharp little sucker! (y)

bargain of a lens for it's performance, fantastic walk around lens, top low light performance and almost silent af, shame it's a dx or i'd get one for my d3(not mine for much longer)

What's the going rate for one of these 2nd hand is they pop up?

£165 appears to be best price new.

A fantastic lens, i use this lens most of the time. I paid £120 for mine, for the money you cant go wrong.

I think mine was abouy £135 mint boxed back in October.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TP Forums

Thanks for the pointers; £120 to £135 2nd hand when they are £160 new says to me these are keepers.

I'll have to keep an eye out for one...... or go retail if I can't wait! :LOL:
Might have to put a wanted thread up.

EDIT: As a newbie, it appears I can't put up a wanted thread until I reach 100 posts...... so if anyone has one!! <wink>

Last edited:
When I upgraded from my D60 I was very tempted by the Canon 550D but the thought of selling my 35mm was too much.

163 in jessops. Got mine from John Lewis just before they went up. Now just need to learn to use it properly.

Can someone confirm what size filter the lens take please?

No nice ones ;)

So far I've taken a load of badly composed and badly lit shots of a pair of headphones on a turntable, just messing with focus and depth of field.

If the weathers nice tomorrow I might take it outside for a spin.

Last edited:
Any pics for us to see Doug??

A couple from today's brief walkabout are on my flickr...
both cropped

Inside Tate Modern Turbine Hall
5398009437_81015b0be6_b_d.jpg

Near Borough Market
5398005745_b8220ef90e_b_d.jpg

Back