word templates with macros and filesize problem

Name
Edit My Images
No
Anyone know anything about Word documents which contain macro code?

Ive a word 2010 template that is a pretty simple document in itself but it has a large chunk of VB code within it with macros and forms, its like a full on VB6 project sitting being this document with classes and forms. The trouble is that when i save it the file size doubles each time! what started out as quite a small file is now 77megs. I make a one line code change in a macro and it doubles the file size.

Ive googled various things and there is talk of image sizes, there are no images in this document, and saving font information which i have unticked. All i can think of is that the history of the macro code is being saved each time i make a small change and i cant see a way of stopping that.

Is there a way to compress the word file, or something that can stop saving the code history with every iteration.

Honestly I'd move away from macros.

More and more malware attempts are coming from macro enabled office files it would be more beneficial to stop office from using them (I know a few email servers that actively block macro enabled files too).

What are you trying to do with the macro?

i agree completely but this isnt something i did, just have to support it for now until i get the time to rewrite it!

The macro(s) let the user load up a base template and then add custom paragraphs add in related documents to the policy holder and produce a policy booklet of all associated documents. Its actually quite smart, just implemented in a cack handed way!

Back