Word Touring Championship but no Cars

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
A completely "cars-racing free" WTCC thread :thinking:

#1 Well thats that broken then

bh_wtcc_ak_100718-647.jpg

#2 No, look, that bit goes back in there... you just can't get the mechanics these days

bh_wtcc_ak_100718-661.jpg

#3 Tarkers

bh_wtcc_ak_100718-709.jpg

#4 Stan

bh_wtcc_ak_100718-34.jpg

#5 Totty time!

bh_wtcc_ak_100718-701.jpg

#6 My one fisheye shot of the weekend

bh_wtcc_ak_100717-349.jpg

More car-free action from me on the BLZEEBUB website and some racing shots from Gribbsy too :clap:

All very good! Different perspective!

Thanks Carl - you know as well as I do that a whole weekend of shooting cars on a track is :bonk:

I much prefer the human angle.

tarquini shot is awesome

Cheers Gary!

love the Tarquini shot
also like the last one , I take it that is a "family" shot with two Palmers.

Thanks Chris. That last one is Dean Stoneman - definitely not on the Palmer family's Christmas card list :bat:

They're all superb

For me I love then intense expression on the mechanic on the left in 2. 1 has an inherent coolness to it (sorry if that doesn't sound too photo-speak but I can't express it any other way!). Eyes in 4 make for a really human shot. Again (y) for Tarquini

And I'm a sucker for fish eye so 6 really rocks.

Last edited:
For me I love then intense expression on the mechanic on the left in 2. 1 has an inherent coolness to it (sorry if that doesn't sound too photo-speak but I can't express it any other way!). Eyes in 4 make for a really human shot. Again (y) for Tarquini

And I'm a sucker for fish eye so 6 really rocks.

Thanks! Yes, #2 has some nice action - I always like pointing in photos so this one was the pick of the bunch from a few :cool:

The the Tarquini shot

I'm surprised how many seem to recognise him actually.

Very nice
I realy like your processing skils.

Thanks mate! The processing is coming along... slowly!

Number 6 is awesome. Loving your people shots as usual. Mine were all a load of ****. :LOL:

Thanks matey - you should see my car shots :puke: LOL!

You should see mine, worst weekend this year for me. No interesting or different shots at all, i'm struggling to even put 6 shots of interest together.

Oh dear! Mind you my Saturday was like that pretty much and I hated it and myself, which is why I decided to go for heavy on the people on Sunday with just a few race shots for "work". Came away on Sunday having really enjoyed myself, so the plan worked!

I think I might have to stick a few of the crap Saturday ones in the duffers thread - care to join me?

Nice to see a set with no cars on track,I like them all (y)
Tarkers looks a bit sweaty :LOL: I got a shot of the back of his head after he binned it Saturday morning up at Druids......he just would not turn round...:shake:
Clive...

Nice to see a set with no cars on track,I like them all (y)

Thanks Clive!

Tarkers looks a bit sweaty :LOL:

Yeah that was after race 2 on his way to the podium. I guess it takes it out of you on a hot afternoon like that was.

I got a shot of the back of his head after he binned it Saturday morning up at Druids......he just would not turn round...:shake:

Haha, know what you mean.

I was stood right next to him practically and trying to get something as he took his lid off and stared at his car. This was the best I came up with:

tarkers2.jpg

Not quite so sweaty on Saturday, but he had only been out for about 10 mins when that happened!

The composition in #2 is top draw. They're all excellent pictures, the only slight crit, and this is being really picky is #4 looks slighty soft, but that might be just down to my eyesight :D

I would be over the moon to have taken any of 'em.

Cheers Keith - I think you are right about #4... its sharp in places, namely his right eye... dunno, definitely not as bang on as the others, but I liked it :D

Agreed, just a shame there's a OPCFO in the way.

I give up, whats OPCFO mean? There's actually lots of junk in that shot, but the shot is to capture what goes on in Parc Ferme as opposed to being a clean shot of Stoneman - if I'd wanted a clean shot I'd have not used a 10.5mm fisheye with a 180 degree field of view (y) If anything actually I needed to be back a bit more to get more photographers and team crew in it :D

Next time!

Lovely set. Am I the only one on here who looked at no 5 first and last:LOL:

Thanks Graham! There's a few more of the girlies on the website :naughty:

I give up, whats OPCFO mean?

OPCFO = Over Paid Cine Film Operator :LOL: (y)
I don't like TV camera persons after two of them tried to push me out of where I was standing to shoot at a clubby motorcycle meeting last year, I had accreditation so had just as much right to be there.

Last edited:
You kinda get used to the TV crews and to some degree the other togs you jostle with.

Actually, the worst ones are Ze Germans that come along with DTM... thats the only time I have been shoulder barged and knee'd in the back when trying to get shots.

At least the usal Brit crowd are reasonably polite...

I wasnt impressed with some of the WTCC togs tbh. Had a run in with a tog when i was waiting for the Palmer - Palmer shot, git just went and stood infront of me when i was taking a picture. Once he had finished taking his shots i expressed my displeasure, to which he said he was working for J.Palmer.... which has nothing to do with the manners of working with others.

Great portraits, 3 and 4 are superb........

.........but motorsport with no vehicles...........

..................not my cup of tea!

Great portraits, 3 and 4 are superb........

.........but motorsport with no vehicles...........

..................not my cup of tea!

Thanks Mike - pop over to the website, there are some racing car shots on there :help:

Thanks Tim!

Back