Wordpress compression / loss of quality

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
hi everyone, can anyone recommend settings to export from Lightroom, to upload to a Wordpress blog post, with losing much/any quality?

I'm currently trying upload at 1024px longest edge, both 120 + 300 dpi, standard sharpen for screen... but images are displaying ever so slightly 'soft'?

Or is this just one of those things!

Interesting point, Ben. I've never thought of coming straight from Lightroom to blog-ready JPEGS. My images are resampled to 1000+ pixels (the landscape shots) highest quality JPEGs in my image-editing program, and sharpened as necessary. PPI (dpi) doesn't matter.

I'm pleased with how the images look resized on the blog page AND full-size when I click on them. The WordPress software does a good job overall in my opinion, though maybe templates go about things slightly differently? Have you got a link we could see?

hi everyone, can anyone recommend settings to export from Lightroom, to upload to a Wordpress blog post, with losing much/any quality?

I'm currently trying upload at 1024px longest edge, both 120 + 300 dpi, standard sharpen for screen... but images are displaying ever so slightly 'soft'?

Or is this just one of those things!

FWIW I export for my blog as the following

Quality 65%
Long Edge - 1920
Sharpening Standard of screen

Doesn't look soft

I export my files from LR as 72dpi jpegs and then upload them into Wordpress. The size doesn't seem to matter as their software will only let you choose small, medium and large. However viewers can click on the image to see the image full size, so choose what size you want them to see before uploading.

2048 on the longest side, limit the exported file size to 200kb, dpi at 300, sharpening on high and then run the exports through jpeg mini

Back