Wordpress website critical error

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a wordpress website and a couple of days ago they emailed me to tell me there was a critical error caused by a plug-in on my site and they sent a recovery link to fix this error , the link expired before I could act on it , they said they will send another recovery link if the error occurs again but nothing so far ! Can't access web site or admin page.
Anyone had any experiences like this ?
Thanks

It's a feature that was built into Wordpress a few updates ago which identifies plugins that are not compatible or become a security risk.
If you have access to your hosting settings, you can disable your plugins via your control panel., then once you have access again, enable them one by one to find the culprit.
Failing that, just wait until you get another notification.
The good news is your website should still be accessible (for visitors) although, the affected plugin function will not work.

Last edited:
The email you got will have details of the error at the bottom.

Those details will incldue the path to the file that caused the error

In that path you will be able to see the plugin folder name

If you have FTP details, access the wp-content folder and download the plugin folder then delate it.

You should be able to login at that point.

Fix the error in the plugin code and then reinstall it.

Thanks for replies guys, they sent another recover link which allowed me back in and I was able to delete the offending plug -in so all sorted thanks!

Back