work with local model

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Here's some work I've done with a local amateur model, thought I'd share, positive c+c welcome.

4731664468_cb65f2ff34_z.jpg

4731664750_4680b8e826_z.jpg

4731022529_5d377d7a5a_z.jpg

4690471790_a56be84095_z.jpg

I think sometimes I tend to hold off on the contrast, maybe I shouldn't.

i like them ..they are posy and no 2 begins to break away from just the girl
no 1 has bits of grass where i wouldnt have them and would clone them out in the hand area...can distract and detract

I think sometimes I tend to hold off on the contrast, maybe I shouldn't.

Seems to me the issue is more exposure than contrast. I'd go with the lighting as is and I get that you'd want it a bit dramatic, but think they're at least half a stop under where they could be. Or maybe thats just me

I love #4. Great pose and evocative theme. If I have one crit of the image, it is that you've lost a bit too much detail in the shadow areas imho.

I think the grass works just fine. These are really nice, but I think you may have a couple of exposure issues on her skin in #1 and #4.

I'm talking under exposed not over exposed.

I really like No1 and No2. No1 because it's very natural and the grass really places you in the scene. No2 because she looks really lost and innocent in a very sketchy looking location!

I know others have praised it but No4 doesn't work for me. It does need more contrast/definition in my opinion and the perspective mismatch of the wings really puts me off.

Good overall set though!

Very good set.

The impression I get of number 2 is that she looks out of place in that outfit, so I'd try and get her to look more nervous so she really would look out of place in the photograph.

This is a really nice set. You should be proud of them.

Number 4 is my favourite out of them. I like the darkness of this. It goes well with the wings. The processing and the vignette make it look dark and gothic and the models hand is posed as if it was a claw (y) Brilliant.

Andy

#1 and #4 are underexposed and for me this spoils would woul otherwise be good photos. #2 and #3 are both excellent

Back