Workflow for high frame rate cameras

Edit My Images
Yes
With the introduction of more cameras with electronic shutters with their corresponding high fps. I would be interested to hear if people have changed their workflow to accommodate this especially as it's become much easier to shoot thousands of images

I haven’t specifically changed my workflow , I just go through the days shots with FastRawViewer pick a few I’m happy with and then convert Raws with DXO and any editing with affinity photo
I have had to upgrade my computer though to deal with the file sizes

I haven’t specifically changed my workflow , I just go through the days shots with FastRawViewer pick a few I’m happy with and then convert Raws with DXO and any editing with affinity photo
I have had to upgrade my computer though to deal with the file sizes
+1, no change. using photomechanic for selection. If anything it’s quicker as with more frames (and near perfect AF tracking) there is more chance to capture the peak moment and less delay picking the closest to the peak moment.

+1, no change. using photomechanic for selection. If anything it’s quicker as with more frames (and near perfect AF tracking) there is more chance to capture the peak moment and less delay picking the closest to the peak moment.
Yes very good point that actually most shots are in focus with the R5 so I don’t actually need to take as many as I did with my 7D2 though I still do as I can experiment a bit with shutter speed etc :)

After shooting a day of hillclimbing or at Castle Combe with the D750.

After filing away a full set of originals in a separate folder, I'll flick through the "for edit/weeding" folder in the Windows picture viewer with one finger hovering over the delete button. Obvious carp (missed focus, camera shake, bits cut off etc.) gets culled straight away at a quick glance. I'll then go through the same process to pick the best of each sequence (I tend to shoot a burst of 4-6 frames as a car passes), possibly keeping 2 of them. I've usually binned around 75-80% by this point so I'll get Mrs Nod to sit beside me and do the final cut. These then get saved to another folder, usually called "weeded". A few will eventually get chosen for printing (IF there are any worth it!!!)

Back