Working dogs - warning dead birds

if you own the hunting rights to the land cant you kill anything that isint under protection?

if that makes sence

love the second one

You can shoot vermin all year round, but game birds can only be shot within the limits of the season, which for duck is September till the end of January, and pheasant is October till the end of January

Last edited:
I love to see dogs doing, what they are supposed to be doing :)
A slight contrast boost in #3 will make it really stand out.
and I love the eye contact in #1 (albeit not straight down the lens, but it doesn't matter :))
Nice set (y)

I love to see dogs doing, what they are supposed to be doing :)
A slight contrast boost in #3 will make it really stand out.
and I love the eye contact in #1 (albeit not straight down the lens, but it doesn't matter :))
Nice set (y)

Ditto although I'm seeing 1-3 a little dark. Nice set.

Just taken a bit off the top to put the eye on a 1/3rd lost the annoying twig
and shadows / highlights tweak

yours

_MG_0276 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

mine

copy-6622939901_f7212da04a_b.jpg

A lovely set Liz which tells a story of the day. I do however agree with a couple of them being a bit on the darkside. Took the liberty of editing #1 for comparison, not sure what you think and I will remove if you wish.

6626017633_ab654025b1_b.jpg

Thanks will check my monitor, agreed both edits are better, PP is my weak spot at the moment and its good to see others interpretations

Great set, love 1 and 2, both edits that have been posted do improve the others

Great shots of the dogs at work.
Can't believe you felt it necessary to warn people abut the dead birds, our local supermarket is full of dead animals, they don't warn anyone, lol
Thanks for sharing the photos

Tony

Great shots of the dogs at work.
Can't believe you felt it necessary to warn people abut the dead birds, our local supermarket is full of dead animals, they don't warn anyone, lol
Thanks for sharing the photos

Tony

some people don't like dead animals:) and its a bit different when they've lost their heads and jackets.

Thanks for your comments everyone, i was pleased with what i got on the day, its always a challenge shooting spanners, but even more so on Saturday, one minute we were in bright sunshine, the next in deep shade in the woods

Nice to see some happy dogs doing what they were bred to do :). I really like photo 2, it really stands out for me.

Gorgeous photos but think number 4 really shows what a spaniel likes doing best.

Love seeing dogs work whatever breed they are.

#2 is my favourite but they are all great shots which really tell the story

Back