Working for Jessops?

I just started doing wedding photography and my first job is in May 2012. I believe this camera is the best for the wedding photography. As you know the 5D MARK III is very expensive camera. I just can't afford pay £3000 all in one go because I don't have that much money. So i need a friend who works for the jessops to help me out here. It's always useful to have a friend work place like jessops. Same time you will have a friend who does the wedding photography. You might need me one day. I promise i will help you with your wedding photos :)

Absolutely made my day, thanks for posting :LOL:

I just started doing wedding photography and my first job is in May 2012. I believe this camera is the best for the wedding photography. As you know the 5D MARK III is very expensive camera. I just can't afford pay £3000 all in one go because I don't have that much money. So i need a friend who works for the Jessops to help me out here. It's always useful to have a friend work place like jessops. Same time you will have a friend who does the wedding photography. You might need me one day. I promise i will help you with your wedding photos

Oooofff.....:help:

There's so much wrong with that post, that I don't know where to begin.....so I'm not going to bother!!! :LOL:

I was gonna buy a £350 lens from Jessops on credit, but they won't ship to a different address. How do i sneak the lens in past the wife if she's always in when the delivery man comes! :(

I was gonna buy a £350 lens from Jessops on credit, but they won't ship to a different address. How do i sneak the lens in past the wife if she's always in when the delivery man comes! :(

Click and collect? Do it online and get it delivered to a branch for (sneaky) pick up ;)

How do i sneak the lens in past the wife if she's always in when the delivery man comes! :(

Could you not get it delivered to your works address? (that's assuming you don't work from home) Works everytime for me :LOL:

Di

Click and collect? Do it online and get it delivered to a branch for (sneaky) pick up ;)

No. Says it's not possible to reserve for store pick-up...only home delivery. :(

Could you not get it delivered to your works address? (that's assuming you don't work from home) Works everytime for me :LOL:

Di

No. They say it has to be a home address. Beside, I'm on long-term sick. :(

No. Says it's not possible to reserve for store pick-up...only home delivery. :(

No. They say it has to be a home address. Beside, I'm on long-term sick. :(

Have you tried ringing them and see if they will send it to a branch for you, I've done it in the past for a home delivery item (not with their finance option admittedly) and collected the item 2 or 3 days later.

Have you tried ringing them and see if they will send it to a branch for you, I've done it in the past for a home delivery item (not with their finance option admittedly) and collected the item 2 or 3 days later.

Hmmm...might try...then I just need to sneak out and take a trip to Meadowhell shopping Centre...the nearest to me. :)

They will be more than happy to help! If for some reason not, call Leicester store ask for Chris I'll sort it for you.

Oooh, now you're tempting me...I will have a look after the next payday...see if I have enough for a deposit for the credit...:)

no longer work for jessops, i got a full time job as a canon rsr now instead!!!
better pay, better people and all the demo gear i could wish for...

Err, how come Roberto's post count isn't going up?

Err, how come Roberto's post count isn't going up?

Posting in certain forums such as out of focus, do not increase post counts.
This is largely to stop some members spraying the forum with crap, to gain classified access.

I never knew that, was a bit freaky for a minute. The sneaky things people will do to get to the classified eh?

gman said:
I never knew that, was a bit freaky for a minute. The sneaky things people will do to get to the classified eh?

Why would he need to? After all he's going to be bestest buddies with loads of the Jessops Massive/Crew!
:LOL:

Posting in certain forums such as out of focus, do not increase post counts.
This is largely to stop some members spraying the forum with crap, to gain classified access.

Hasn't stopped some though! :LOL:

Hasn't stopped some though! :LOL:

Its a fair cop Guv :D

More seriously, its stopped more than you know, we are very busy bee's behind the scenes ;)

Worked for Jessops for four months last summer :}

No discount on cameras as mentioned before. I found talking about cameras all day an amazing experience but the Kingston store was unimagineable to work in & remain sane.

Last edited:
I'm willing to spend £2500 on canon 5d mark 3 is it possible to get one?

yes - I can 'get' you one for a grand - all you have to do is transfer the money to me by western union.... :LOL:

Yup i worked at jessops for my sins. I did it when i first started in business for myself.

was that in MK up by the hockey stadium - i remember buying my 20D from a bloke with a black eye in there :LOL:

was that in MK up by the hockey stadium - i remember buying my 20D from a bloke with a black eye in there :LOL:

Ha i did work in that place a few times. This is going back 6 or 7 years ago now mind you. Worked in both MK stores and the Oxford one for a bit. Did 2 years at Jessops in total.

I think I bought the 20D in 2004 so that would be 8 years ago now ( I worked for the parks trust in MK from 2001 to 2006)

Last edited:
I think I bought the 20D in 2004 so that would be 8 years ago now ( I worked for the parks trust in MK from 2001 to 2006)

It may well have been me then. I dont think many of the other guys there would have had black eyes.... Unless i didnt like them ha.

Wow! Jessops!! I used to work in the New Oxford Street, London Branch. I've never met so many inappropriate employees! Out of a store of 20 staff there were about five who knew what they were talking about. I.have no idea how they were permitted to sell but we are talking back in the 90's. The managers, both of them, were absolute morons! Thought they knew it all yet knew nothing! Had absolutely no respect from any of their staff! It was an absolute joke working there and for these two so called management clowns! It was lucky the store served mostly tourists/foreigners otherwise there would have been no sales!

Last edited:
Back