Working on a selected part of an image

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble here with CS5 but I'm pretty sure it's something with a very simple fix.

Say I have a photogrpah and I just was to select the sky to process a bit, I'll use the quick selection tool, select the sky. Then I create a new adjustment layer and then I am asked what it is I want to tweak (exposure, curves, vibrance, colour balance, etc...) Only thing is when I select one of these options, I can't do anything else unless I go back and make a quick selection of the sky, create a new adjustment layer and then select the next thing to tweak.

Is there any way I can just make a selection of something just once and do whatever I like to it?

I'm a complete beginner with photoshop by the way, just trying to teach myself here at the minute!

You can go to Select > Save Selection from the toolbar at the top. You can name it if you want to. And then go to the same place to Load the selection.

If I have a selection that I want to do different adjustments to, I just Control and Click on the selection on on a layer to re-activate the selection, And then choose whatever other adjustments I want to do.

Hope that is what you're asking, and it helps.

Last edited:
Back