Workshop Workshops camera clubs in Northwest

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all I'm looking to find either camera workshops or camera clubs (if that's the right term) in the Manchester or even the Northwest area where I can meet people and gain advice and hopefully learn about the art of taking a good photograph

Thanks in advance

Hi Richard,

whereabouts in the North West are you based? A quick Google turned up quite a few camera clubs in the North West area.

Lerxst

Im in Rochdale I found one in Bury but not had chance to look further into it yet

That's east then. You've got two to choose from. I've not been to either but one of my workmates is a member of http://www.rochdalecameraclub.org.uk, the other one is http://www.rochdaleps.org.uk. There are also two clubs in Oldham.

Hope that helps. The best thing to do when you get the time is to go along as a visitor and check the clubs out as a guest. That way you can decide if it suits you. You can probably find a course in photography at your local Lifelong Learning centre, just check on your the Rochdale Council website for more info.

Its sometimes difficult to gain advise due to the internal competitiveness, in fact many years ago one of the clubs mentioned told me, "we dont teach you, its down to you to work out your issues to improve"

However try Bury, they're a helpful bunch who will welcome you.

Last edited:
I'm a member of Rochdale CC - you would be most welcome. Plenty of people to ask for help/advice/encouragement.
From what I know of Rochdale PS and the two Oldham clubs, the same applies. I have a mate in one of the Bury clubs, and he's quite pleased with that also.
Most clubs allow you to go along free for a few weeks to test the waters. The important thing is to ask questions - if you sit at the back and say nothing you'll not get very far. All clubs have a tea-break at half-time, where all the real learning is done - strike up a conversation about your camera, composition, lighting, distinctions, printer etc. and plenty of members will chip in - it's just like this forum really.

I'm not a member at Oldham but I know of 4 of there members as they are also members at Stalybridge which is the club I joined. They seem happy enough with it.

Gaz

Hi all I'm looking to find either camera workshops or camera clubs (if that's the right term) in the Manchester or even the Northwest area where I can meet people and gain advice and hopefully learn about the art of taking a good photograph

Thanks in advance

Hi Richard,

I'm a bit late to this thread I appreciate.

I am based in Stockport and run workshops and 121 training from my studio.

Workshops are posted on my site and in the studios Facebook group. Links can be found in my signature on this site.

If you have any questions just give me a shout.

Rick

Back